• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Use year / Reservation window ?'s

Mousefanz

Cable Girl
Hi all -

I have a question that I'm rather embarrassed to ask but I'm trusting you'll all be kind!!
Our use year is October, therefore, is my reservation window 11 months at my home resort (VWL) from October or today's date? I'm asking because traditionally we travel in March and I'm concerned that if I wait until October I'll be out of luck.
I guess what I'm asking is, is the use year merely the mark of when you can book at which resort (11 months home or 7 months others) or the time you have actual use of your points?
We're making our first trip home next month (33 more days) but this one was easy - we joined in March and got the full years points available immediately!!
Thanks in advance,

Basically all your use year means is the day at which you get your next allotment of points. I.E. your use year is Oct, you will get a new allotment of points on Oct 1st, which must be used by SEpt 30, 2002. You can make your reservations at the appropriate window for the dates you want. As long as you'll have points in that window you can make your reservations. So, if you want to go away March 2002, you can call tomorrow to make ressies you don't have to wait until Oct. I hope this helped!!

The 11-month window simply means you can make any reservation at your home resort at 11-months from your planned vacation check-out date. Reservations windows have nothing to do with use year.

As mentioned, use year is simply when you receive your annual point allotment.

To make ANY reservation, it is only necessary that there will be points in your account at the time you will actually be taking the vacation. They don't have to be in your account when you make the ressie. You can use banked points, current year points, or borrowed points. It makes no difference as far as the reservation goes.

As stated, if you want a ressie for March, you can do that today, even if you have no 2000 year points in your account right now, because you will have your 2001 points come October. When you make your ressie, MS will simply assign those upcoming Oct 2001 points to that reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter