Use year

macman123

DIS Veteran
Just as a matter of interest, UK DVC members tend to go and have a fixed period to the USA I am guessing.

They dont do a few nights over multiple trips.

I have purchased a resale contract for August. However, I need to add to it - there is another one for December.

I travel every other year to Disney and plan to stay in January.

Therefore does the use year really matter to me? I suspect the answer is no as I am unlikely to change plans.

It won't be an issue having a different use year, the important part is it being at the same resort so you don't have to wait until the 7 month mark.

It's always best to have a use year just before you actually travel, it just makes things easier to bank points if you have to cancel a trip. So if you have an August and December use year and you travel in January, that's perfect.
We have February and December use years and travel in July/August :-)

It makes it easier to book a longer trip at the 11 month mark if you can book from both contracts at the same time. My contracts are both October and we tend to travel in July/August. So I come back off my hols, then 2 to 3 months later I can book my DVC and air travel in the same month. I'd hate to have to book my flights and half my accommodation or book the accommodation at 11 months but not know if I could find/afford the flights, especially as we sometimes borrow points. We have 2 resorts but that's because we like to have a split stay. We don't often go to SSR but I book it at 11 months (So that I know we have it) and then swap to OKW at 7 months and juggle the spare points to a better room at BLT.

This is really helpful as I'm a teacher and we go last 3 week of August one year, then July into August the next, getting 6 weeks of Disney from 1 annual pass... $719 for 6 weeks =$17 per day (Bargain)

it's my understanding that it's easier to manage contracts that are in the same use year.
We have 4 contracts, all june use year.
They all appear together on the dashboard, and i can use the points in one go without problem.

but i'm not much of an expert on the nitty gritty of DVC use, so don't bank on anything i say!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!