used both universals new gac and disney`s during the worst crowd week ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I apologize if i played the whose kid is worse off game. I just didn't want to be told I didn't understand what having a disabled child was like. I just took that part of my post too far.

So are you asking for me personally??? I did not even know the GAC existed for about 2 years after going to Disney repeatedly. Once I found out about it we got stroller as a wheelchair only. Then once we had a few times we would get up to the ride and he would seize, once in front of a cast member who told us about alternate entrance which was the fast pass line. BECAUSE we actually felt guilty using that, we only used it if he was seizing badly and have bad seizure days because most of the day he was recuperating. He loves Disney so much we used waiting in line as a way to teach him how to act appropriately and wait his turn (as we do at home). So yes we used FP as an entrance but only when we either waited on line and he seized or he was seizing most of the day and we would use his seizure free time to go on a ride. Because of the abuse that is no longer an option for us. We are now regulated to times that really do not work for his condition since we can not schedule his seizures. I shouldn't even have to be posting all this about his medical condition because I was just posting the differences I had seen in the Universal system compared to Disney. Unfortunately I should have listened to my gut and not gone during Christmas break. I listened to the CM I called in October who assured me we would not have issues. I also prayed my son would not be seizing and he was a lot. Again none of your business but I feel now I have to defend my OPINION. So yes we used the FP entrance a few times after my son's seizures. This time we couldn't because we were still in waiting mode. Like the above poster sometimes the times didn't work out so we would wait and not be able to use the FP or the DAS times.

Whoa. I wasn't asking for any medical stuff or past history. Just if when using the GAC if you went through the FP line. THATS what people are referring to as FOTL. If there is a line of 20 people at the grocery store and someone steps into line 3rd from the front it's essentially FOTL, although no the very next person.

I'd agree, that going during Christmas was not the best choice if you can't wait the length of time required.

Please excuse me if I misquoted but in this post you both mentioned unfairness and informed another poster that his opinion (as husband of a disabled person) wasn't the rest of the worlds.

Reread it I was saying it isn't fair to not get ones money's worth. I was not saying that Disney was being unfair. Read it again.

Whoa. I wasn't asking for any medical stuff. Just if when using the GAC if you went through the FP line. THATS what
Spoke are referring to as FOTL. If there is a line of 20 people at the grocery store and someone steps into line 3rd from the front it's essentially FOTL, although no the very next person.

I'd agree, that going during Christmas was not the best choice.

I could not answer you honestly without getting detailed. You pushed I answered. In my opinion he waited whether in line or on the side he waited he never EVER received front of the line.
I would have changed the date if I wasn't assured by the cast member that the changes would not have a negative impact. She was wrong. The only good that came of this is that Universal was so accommodating that they are our Christmas option if we ever decide to go again then (which I am 99% sure we are not).

Because you went at Christmas time! The most crowded time of the year! Are you really so surprised you didn't get to do much? Nobody really does. Go again in a off peak time and try the system again?

That would be a great way to compare the system. It may work better in slower times. I am sure it will actually.

I could not answer you honestly without getting detailed. You pushed I answered. In my opinion he waited whether in line or on the side he waited he never EVER received front of the line. I would have changed the date if I wasn't assured by the cast member that the changes would not have a negative impact. She was wrong. The only good that came of this is that Universal was so accommodating that they are our Christmas option if we ever decide to go again then (which I am 99% sure we are not).

Ok. I don't think it would have been any more difficult to say, 'yes we went through the FP line' but if you felt the need to get more detailed, alright. I think you're taking FOTL way too literally.

I'm glad Universal is still an option for you during such a busy time for Disney.

I feel your frustration! If you look on other boards you will find the same people bashing other people with problems that they do not understand nor wish to. Haters just like to find someone different from themselves to hate.

It is partly why I left the boards for a while. I used to be much more active when I was 3Disneynuts but it gets discouraging that if you have any opinion that isn't filled with pixie dust you get attacked. It gets old.

It is partly why I left the boards for a while. I used to be much more active when I was 3Disneynuts but it gets discouraging that if you have any opinion that isn't filled with pixie dust you get attacked. It gets old.

It's equally as frustrating when someone has a differing opinion to have it labeled as 'an attack.'

We will be visiting both Universal and Disney very soon and I am happy to receive as much information in advance as possible.

Was the process for getting a gac at Universal the same as Disney? We have been to Disney 4 years ago but never Universal.

Sorry Pooh I didn't see this. Yes you go to the guest services and tell them your situation. The only difference is there isn't a picture but they take your license AND they barcode their assistance card. So the CM has to scan it like they would an express pass. So you know they are tracking for abuse which is awesome!

It's equally as frustrating when someone has a differing opinion to have it labeled as 'an attack.'

I never asked you for your opinion and yet again and again you want to debate. I posted LIKE I have said to help other DISers with disabled family know what to expect. Yet EVERY POINT you try to argue it. Why does this matter TO YOU so much?

I never asked you for your opinion and yet again and again you want to debate. I posted LIKE I have said to help other DISers with disabled family know what to expect. Yet EVERY POINT you try to argue it. Why does this matter TO YOU so much?

You made a post on an internet message forum. I pointed out that Universals policy wouldn't have helped you at Disney as a point of DISCUSSION. You wanted to compare apples to apples and were overlooking a pretty major point. You wouldn't have been in any better of a position, aside from MAYBE once with Universals policy.

You may not have asked for my opinion, but you did ask if people who disagreed had anyone disabled close to them. Much less aggressive.

You made a post on an internet message forum. I pointed out that Universals policy wouldn't have helped you at Disney as a point of DISCUSSION. You wanted to compare apples to apples and were overlooking a pretty major point.

You may not have asked for my opinion, but you did ask if people who disagreed had anyone disabled close to them. Much less aggressive.

AGAIN WHY DOES THIS MATTER SO MUCH TO YOU??? ...talk about sidestepping. I have asked this twice and no answer so the second time is directly to you. Why do even care about this? Why does this matter TO YOU?

Ok. I don't think it would have been any more difficult to say, 'yes we went through the FP line' but if you felt the need to get more detailed, alright. I think you're taking FOTL way too literally.

I'm glad Universal is still an option for you during such a busy time for Disney.

Busyness isn't the issue Universal was mobbed too. The accomodations were better. Just to be clear.

Sorry Pooh I didn't see this. Yes you go to the guest services and tell them your situation. The only difference is there isn't a picture but they take your license AND they barcode their assistance card. So the CM has to scan it like they would an express pass. So you know they are tracking for abuse which is awesome!

Thank You, i will take my license with me. So, we can enter guest service and have hubby stay with kids to the side so they can see her, but she does not need to do any explanation?

Can an adult get a time on the GAC at Universal or does she have to be present.

Finally, the only thing she has talked (repeatedly) about at Universal is Olivanders. I am guessing the GAC does not work there as it is not a ride?

Thank you

AGAIN WHY DOES THIS MATTER SO MUCH TO YOU??? ...talk about sidestepping. I have asked this twice and no answer so the second time is directly to you. Why do even care about this? Why does this matter TO YOU?

Are you indirectly asking me if I have a disabled person in my life? Yes, I do.

Other than that, I don't really know what you mean by 'why does it matter to you.' It's a discussion board. I offered up something you might have overlooked. I'm sure it's happened to you before in everyday conversation and you think 'oh I didn't think about that.' Right?

It then morphed into what it is now from your subsequent posts and others joining in. Joining into the DISCUSSION.

Busyness isn't the issue Universal was mobbed too. The accomodations were better. Just to be clear.

The amount of people at Universal is fractional to Disney. Just to be clear.

And again, if Disney allowed you to right onto any ride that was 30 minutes or less you'd be in no better position than you were Since another guest on this thread said nothing was under 102 minutes. So they could have the exact same accommodation and because of the amount of people in the park it would have been more beneficial at Universal.

Are you indirectly asking me if I have a disabled person in my life? Yes, I do.

Other than that, I don't really know what you mean by 'why does it matter to you.' It's a discussion board. I offered up something you might have overlooked. I'm sure it's happened to you before in everyday conversation and you think 'oh I didn't think about that.' Right?

It then morphed into what it is now from your subsequent posts and others joining in. Joining into the DISCUSSION.

No I will be clearer. I can just assume everyone has one disabled person in their lives. I have a bunch in my family from all different ailments that is life. Why do you care if a family gets accommodations? Why do you feel the need to debate a topic like this? Do you use a DAC or the GAC in the past or will be in the future? How and why does the DAS matter so much to you that you need to be on here debating about it?

So again:
Do you use or need a GAC/DAS for you or your kids or husband ? (if yes skip the next question)
If not why does this MATTER to you? WHY DO YOU CARE?

The amount of people at Universal is fractional to Disney. Just to be clear.

And again, if Disney allowed you to right onto any ride that was 30 minutes or less you'd be in no better position than you were Since another guest on this thread said nothing was under 102 minutes. So they could have the exact same accommodation and because of the amount of people in the park it would have been more beneficial at Universal.

That other guest was not there and I was and there were rides with less than a 30 minute wait. They were not popular but even pirates had a 30 minute wait as did test track on the day we were there. It went up and down throughout the day all the rides did. How do I know because I was there I wasnt looking at a website or an app.

No I will be clearer. I can just assume everyone has one disabled person in their lives. I have a bunch in my family from all different ailments that is life. Why do you care if a family gets accommodations? Why do you feel the need to debate a topic like this? Do you use a DAC or the GAC in the past or will be in the future? How and why does the DAS matter so much to you that you need to be on here debating about it? So again: Do you use or need a GAC/DAS for you or your kids or husband ? (if yes skip the next question) If not why does this MATTER to you? WHY DO YOU CARE?

Oh. Now there's a mandatory survey to discuss topics on this board?

I'll be clear. I have a child who requires accommodations. What those may be are not your business.

Have I used the GAC? No. Because I want to work with her on what to expect in the world that she will grow up in and she can do without it. We happen to go during slower periods because we aren't suicidal.

Will I use the DAS in the future? Possibly. I'd like to think no. Realistically, we may need to utilize it.

Do I care that families receive accommodation? Yes! I WANT them to! Everybody deserves to enjoy the park in as equal a way as possible. I'm not in favor of having a negative effect on someone else to get something though. And if that means someone has to wait longer so someone else doesn't have to wait, I disagree with it. No one is more special than the next person.

This topic was a discussion that you helped turn into a debate. It didn't start that way and you had an equal part in what it morphed into.

Thank You, i will take my license with me. So, we can enter guest service and have hubby stay with kids to the side so they can see her, but she does not need to do any explanation?

Can an adult get a time on the GAC at Universal or does she have to be present.

Finally, the only thing she has talked (repeatedly) about at Universal is Olivanders. I am guessing the GAC does not work there as it is not a ride?

Thank you

No she doesn't have to speak for herself. I brought DS up to the counter anyway but if they can see her that will be fine. Yes anyone can go get the assigned time they just need the card with them. I am sorry I dont know what Olivanders is. If it is a character greeting thing I will say maybe. Some CMs said the pass works with the character greets others said no. Same thing at Disney. I say try it and talk to the CM. Universal seems more go with the flow and that they could make decisions as they needed. Disney is more unwavering. They kept saying things were this way because they are still testing the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter