Used Textbooks: What do you do?

i don't know about all of you, but I sell most of mine on Ebay versus half.com.

Half charges me higher commission, and I don't get a bidding "war". I put my books on Half the week that the semester ends. If I don't get any sales within the first two weeks, the book then goes to Ebay.

I price the book on Ebay competitively, and most times get a higher price than my set price on half.com

I love that idea of searching dumpsters. I had never thought of that. I have been known to grab the "extra copy" books from the free "book" pile in the library and sell those on ebay/half.

wdwgirl03 said:
Same here, only I get ripped off. You pay how much for textbooks and only get a small percentage back. :rolleyes:

That is sooo true! I spent almost $500 on books last semester (while I did keep a few of the bigger books for classes next semester) and when I sold back 5 books in December I made a whopping 11 bucks.

It's definitely time to try out amazon.com or half.com ;)

I sold all of mine back to the bookstore. You can also try selling books on ebay. Thats where I have found lots of my books at. :D

I was keeping most of my books, but last year I started selling them at my campus to other students or at the bookstore. Going to try and sell some on ebay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter