Used to have only new replies since my last visit bolded

TAK

DIS Veteran
Okay, I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

On the old Board, when I came on the DCL Forum, I'd see threads listed by most recent update, which I'm still seeing (yay!). But any thread that had a new response since the last time I'd visited would be bolded, and any thread that hadn't wouldn't -- this way I could sort of "track where I'd left off". Now, though, everything's bolded unless I've clicked on it. Is this a permanent change?

(Hope I'm explaining well enough.)

I think it's just the transfer. You'll noticed bold/unbold once you get started reading threads and going forward that should continue.

I have to agree with the OP ~ I went in today and found everything bolded. So I did a test. I logged out, and then logged back in. Everything was still bolded. I liked having only the items since my last log in being bold as it allowed me to know when to stop reading older threads.

I have to agree with the OP ~ I went in today and found everything bolded. So I did a test. I logged out, and then logged back in. Everything was still bolded. I liked having only the items since my last log in being bold as it allowed me to know when to stop reading older threads.

Yes, exactly. I've come in and out, logged in and out, and it's still bolding everything except the threads I've actually clicked on. Like ~Tinkerella, that was a feature I used and appreciated. Possibly it's in the settings somewhere, and I'll look, but if not, it's something I'd definitely want to see return.

No. I still see everything bolded, including threads that haven't been updated since last night (and I've been on and off all morning, obviously).

Ugh It's not marking anything I've looked at as "read" anymore.

I hate to complain about a new system but I'm starting to feel like this one is just me. Is there a mod/support we can contact?

Again, I believe it's due to having transferred everything over and the system doesn't recognize what you read last week.
However, you can go to "Mark Forums Read" in the light blue bar near the top.
It will then give you an option of "Technical Support" (or whatever forum you are currently viewing) or "Mark all forums read"
That will unbold all messages. From that point forward, only any new threads or threads with new responses will be bold.

It's worth a try -- though it should recognize what I read this morning, for example. I've marked everything read, so the only way to know is to see what happens going forward. thanks!

I believe it's like some other forums that do not necessarily mark everything read each time you log-off. It carries for maybe a couple of weeks. I kind of like that, because sometimes I only have time to pop in and read one forum or a couple of posts of interest, but it would mark everything as "read" and when I came back later with more time to catch up everything was marked "read" even though I hadn't truly looked at them yet.

I believe it's like some other forums that do not necessarily mark everything read each time you log-off. It carries for maybe a couple of weeks. I kind of like that, because sometimes I only have time to pop in and read one forum or a couple of posts of interest, but it would mark everything as "read" and when I came back later with more time to catch up everything was marked "read" even though I hadn't truly looked at them yet.

That's what I'm wondering, if that's the case on these new Boards -- was hoping for a tech person to respond.

I can see what you mean about what you like about it, and that works for you that way. It's just not ideal for me -- I only visit DIS when I've got time to catch up, but now I can't pinpoint where to catch up *to* easily. Which is my burden to bear, lol, if that's the way it is, but I confess I liked the old way.

Yep, always two sides to every option -- those who like A and those who like B. My suggestion...before you log off tonight, go to Mark Forums Read and select "all." That way next time you log-in, whether tonight, tomorrow, next week or next month, it will show you only the newest stuff.

Reactions: TAK
Yep, always two sides to every option -- those who like A and those who like B. My suggestion...before you log off tonight, go to Mark Forums Read and select "all." That way next time you log-in, whether tonight, tomorrow, next week or next month, it will show you only the newest stuff.

You know, my brain was just working around to that idea -- and that works for me. Thanks! you pointed me in the right direction. I'm satisfied. And if anyone else has the same desire/issue, they can try that too.

:goodvibes

It is marking any thread which contains ANY messages that you have not read in bold, rather than only threads which contain new messages since your last visit.

If you click on "Mark Forums Read" just before you finish a session on the boards, it will then behave like the old system and when you return you'll only see any new postings since that point marked in bold.

upload_2015-2-2_21-59-24.png

Andre

Everything is still bold ~ agree with other posters that I'm not in every day and this makes it hard to know where I left off.

Everything is still bold ~ agree with other posters that I'm not in every day and this makes it hard to know where I left off.

As recommended above...before logging off go to "Mark Forums Read" and select All. When you return, no matter how long it has been, only new threads since you were online last will be bold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter