Useful same day fast passes?

Davey Jones II

DIS Veteran
I was wondering what kind of useful FPs you can get the same day? Not necessarily headliners, but busy rides such as Soarin` at Epcot or Splash at MK? What is the current situation? Thanks!

- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

We like to ride star tours to see the new scenes. The waits are often not too long.

I've gotten, or at least seen available, every ride same day. Other than FoP and SDD, most other rides are pretty easy to get with some refreshing. Those 2 can take a little more time and patience to get.

In August we rode Splash 4x and BTMR 2x by just refreshing the app. Your nose is in your phone a lot but if you want to hit the headliners that’s what you have to do. Now in August the crowds were light for Disney anyway so things like HM,POC,and JC were open all day.

I'm wondering if by June some of the fascination with 7DMT will die down a little? :rolleyes1:crazy: I still plan to rope drop or FP it, but I'm curious. I know certain rides never lose popularity...Test Track, Soaring, Tower of Terror (not my thing at all!!), Splash Mountain. Just hoping FP isn't as necessary in June as it is now for 7DMT pixiedust:

When we were there in August, we were able to score FOP same day, as well as NRJ, and evening safari all in AK. In MK we got Buzz, the Tomorrowland Speedway, and Haunted Mansion same day.

I have been playing around to see what I could get same day. On the weekend I couldn’t find much of anything after 3:00. Today I was able to find several times for Test Track and Soarin. I really wasn’t all that persistent, so I can imagine depending upon crowd levels, same day FPs can be found for quite a number of rides.

We got a same day late soarin, late toy story mania and much more at mk. Buzz multiple times, it’s a family favorite., barnstormer, Pooh, haunted mansion, jungle cruise, pan,

I'm wondering if by June some of the fascination with 7DMT will die down a little? :rolleyes1:crazy: I still plan to rope drop or FP it, but I'm curious. I know certain rides never lose popularity...Test Track, Soaring, Tower of Terror (not my thing at all!!), Splash Mountain. Just hoping FP isn't as necessary in June as it is now for 7DMT pixiedust:

7DMT is now about 2 or 3 years old, so any initial fascination with it would have died down. I think this is pretty much where it's going to stay. I don't think it's realistic to hope that it'll be a ride that doesn't need a FP+ next summer. I'd bet it will be.

Having said that, pretty much any ride in WDW is available same day for FP+. With some refreshing, not only can you get them same day, you can get them for 10 minutes from now.

7DMT will continue to be the hard to get at MK. The interesting part for June is in DHS when Mickey Runway Railway opens and how they tier them.

7DMT is now about 2 or 3 years old, so any initial fascination with it would have died down. I think this is pretty much where it's going to stay. I don't think it's realistic to hope that it'll be a ride that doesn't need a FP+ next summer. I'd bet it will be.

Having said that, pretty much any ride in WDW is available same day for FP+. With some refreshing, not only can you get them same day, you can get them for 10 minutes from now.

Time flies! The Mine Train is almost four and a half years old.

But it is still the newest thing at MK, hence the most in-demand FP.

Time flies! The Mine Train is almost four and a half years old.

But it is still the newest thing at MK, hence the most in-demand FP.

Is it really? Wow, time sure does fly. I remember seeing it being built, I didn't realize it was that long ago...

I don't know if it's "useful," but here are the ones I got as 4th/5th/6th etc FPs:

Character Spot at Epcot
Dinosaur at AK
Cinderella/Elena M&G at MK
Tomorrowland Speedway at MK
Buzz Lightyear Spin at MK
Expedition Everest at AK

Here are some Same-Day changes we did:

Changed Peter Pan's Flight to Splash Mountain
Moved Tower of Terror "up" after we rode Rock n Roller Coaster
Changed Haunted Mansion to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

They're all useful if you're planning to go on that ride!

My last visit (March, spring break), I got Test Track, Splash, BTMRR, JC, Meet Tiana. The one I couldn't snag? Space Mountain. Did that Evening EMH

Well I'm feeling real silly. I very well remember Mine Train being there back in 2015. We stood on the outside and watched it. Geez. Wish I could delete my post. :rolleyes1

7DMT will continue to be the hard to get at MK. The interesting part for June is in DHS when Mickey Runway Railway opens and how they tier them.

I appreciate your input. I will either rope drop or FP it. I said in the post above that Mine Train was there in 2015 on our last trip. I'm feeling real silly! :crazy:

Soarin, Test Track, Everest, Dinosaur...really depends on your dates though as to what you can get and how easy you can get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter