User year

vols001

Earning My Ears
If I join VWL tomorrow what will be my user year? Will I get my points in Sept. of next year? I was told they back date your user year a few months from purchase date. Can anyone help me out on this?

I don't claim to understand their system, but can tell you a little about how it worked for us this year. We started discussing this with a guide inmid-May. At that time, they were selling contracts with a December use year, and as soon as we purchased, we got an entire year's worth of points, from December of 2000. Because it was the end of May and we knew we wouldn't be using all those points before December, 2001, we immediately banked what we didn't expect to use. There was a specific place in the pile of paperwork to designate how many points we wanted to bank. I believe there was a little flexibility in selecting use year, but can't recall the details. I don't think we could select months prior to December, but believe we could have selected months between December and May --- but I could be wrong about the last part. I recall the guide telling me that as they made sales during the month of May, all the "December points" might get sold before the end of May, and we'd then have a January use year.

I bought in September 2 years ago and got an April use year. It goes by the 100% banking deadline, April's 100% deadline is Sept 30. You would get April 2001 points now that you can use or bank and then get another year's worth in April 2002.

Disney generally sells a use year that begins 5 to 6 months before the month of purchase. That way you get an immediate allotment of points and then another within 6 to 7 months. You can request a different beginning month for the use year and they will often accomodate that request if the month is within the last 6 months before purchase. However, there is usually no reason to request a different month (what your use year is has nothing to do with when you can go--anytime of year-- or when you can call to make a ressie--always 11 months in advance at home resort 7 at others).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter