USH VIP Tour Help!!

simba_one

"I wash my hands of this weirdness!"
OK, so we bought Deluxe Annual Passes for Universal Studios Hollywood so we can enjoy one of our favourite parks whenever we want and for however long we want during our three weeks in L.A. this summer. But we've always wanted to do the VIP Tour - was going to try and do it in 2004 but we just didn't have the time. And considering that the AP's are soooo cheap, and what you get to see and do on the tour is amazing, we are just thinking why not!!

But one of my major reasons on wanting to do it (I wanted to do it back in 2004 before the show even hit air but this has pushed me into wanting to do it even more now) is to get to go down Colonial Street/Wisteria Lane - HUGE Desperate Housewives fan here!! :teeth:

I know that the ordinary Studio Tour trams go down there on certain days when they're not filming so will be able to see it even if I don't do the VIP Tour but I've heard from so many people that they have got to walk on the sidewalk of the famous street and have their picture taken out front of a couple of the houses.

Because this would be the highlight of the tour for me I'd obviously really want to go on a day where I am either certain (if there's such a thing at Universal - movie/TV making can be unpredictable at times) or have a good chance of getting to go down Colonial Street. I'd hate to spend $150 on each ticket then end up being somewhat (I would NEVER be totally disappointed - I am a movie nut so getting to see everything else would already be a dream come true) disappointed having not been down the street.

I e-mailed Customer Care Services at Universal yesterday but was just wondering whether any of you guys out there had any info. on shooting days and what's the best day to go - as you probably go more frequently than me. Ultimately I think I'm going to have to call Universal Holywood direct to find out but thought I'd give here a shot too.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. We'd like to book the tour for August 9, 2006 - my birthday. Obviously shooting schedules permitting. Otherwise any weekday in early August.

Here are a couple of suggestions:
You may want to look at www.IMDb.com or imdb.pro, they list many things about all types of shows, secondly you may want to go to www.filmmakersdestination.com, this site should have a lot about the studios along with maps. From what I understand they use Colonial Street for their shooting.
I am not home until April, wish I could help more.Hope my memory serves me correct.

Jack pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
Here are a couple of suggestions:
You may want to look at www.IMDb.com or imdb.pro, they list many things about all types of shows, secondly you may want to go to www.filmmakersdestination.com, this site should have a lot about the studios along with maps. From what I understand they use Colonial Street for their shooting.
I am not home until April, wish I could help more.Hope my memory serves me correct.

Jack pirate:
Thanks so much for the FilmMakersDestination link!! It rocks! But it doesn't have any particular shooting information. I know they use Colonial Street a lot suring filming (you only have to watch the show to see that really - pretty much every other scene is on the street) so the days they don't use it must be limited.

Thanks for your help though. :thumbsup2

Could be problematic. If they are not shooting DH they may be shooting something else. I will continue to look for info as time permits. Best day, maybe a weekend day..the unions shy away from those days or the studios pay bigger bucks.
You are a Leo, great birth sign.

Jack pirate: pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
Could be problematic. If they are not shooting DH they may be shooting something else. I will continue to look for info as time permits. Best day, maybe a weekend day..the unions shy away from those days or the studios pay bigger bucks.
You are a Leo, great birth sign.

Jack pirate: pirate:
Thanks for all your help Jack. And not just in this thread. :thumbsup2

I was thinking that weekend will probably be my best bet but I've read that the tours are better on weekdays(?!) so was going to try weekday if possible.

If you do find out any further info, please let me know. ;)

simba_one said:
Thanks for all your help Jack. And not just in this thread. :thumbsup2

I was thinking that weekend will probably be my best bet but I've read that the tours are better on weekdays(?!) so was going to try weekday if possible.

If you do find out any further info, please let me know. ;)

Simba_one, you are very much welcome. If you need help with anything, send me an e-mail. Sent a message to a friend whose girlfriend did work as a Touchtone TV publicity person, so we will wait and see if she can get some info for you.

The best,

Jack pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
Simba_one, you are very much welcome. If you need help with anything, send me an e-mail. Sent a message to a friend whose girlfriend did work as a Touchtone TV publicity person, so we will wait and see if she can get some info for you.

The best,

Jack pirate:
Thanks very much for doing that!! Top man. :thumbsup2

And about me being a Leo... nothing else will do!!! ;) Extravagant taste though. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter