Using an e-ticket for Annual Pass

ardanxela

Mouseketeer
Hi. Does anyone know how long you have to use an e-ticket for an annual pass? I was on hold with Disney but finally decided to hang up. Thanks!

I am not 100% sure what you're asking. Do you mean you have a fully paid for "ticket"/voucher for an annual pass that has not yet been activated and you're wondering when it expires? If so there should be an expiration date somewhere on your "ticket"/voucher. I also don't think they have made any announcements as to extension of expiration for this type of situation.

Yes, I purchased two annual passes at the end of May 2019. They are for my daughter and myself but her school/work schedule ended up being too busy and so I thought I would activate them this year but when I went to looked in my account recently, I did not see the tickets. Someone told me that you have a year to take the e-ticket to the ticket booth to get the annual passes which I did not know. I had called Disney late last year and they told me my passes are good for a year the day they are activated and that I had until 2030 to do so. I did not realize the e-ticket had to be used within a year so now I'm kind of concerned. Although, in my favor with Covid-19, I could not have gone to the ticket booth for the past few months to do so anyways. I'm hoping there won't be a stink when I am finally able to. :(

I think the programming for 'no expiration' ends 2030. We have 'no expiration' disney tickets and they all have 12/31/2030 expirations on them. That said, most e-tickets have a 'time' expiration, but retain the value of the original purchase price. I'm thinking if they put a 2030 expiration, they are treating the e-ticket is a certificate redemption --- 1 Annual Pass for the e-ticket starting the date of initial redemption. Just guessing though, but does sound like it.

I think the programming for 'no expiration' ends 2030. We have 'no expiration' disney tickets and they all have 12/31/2030 expirations on them. That said, most e-tickets have a 'time' expiration, but retain the value of the original purchase price. I'm thinking if they put a 2030 expiration, they are treating the e-ticket is a certificate redemption --- 1 Annual Pass for the e-ticket starting the date of initial redemption. Just guessing though, but does sound like it.
Thank you for that. I'm counting on my not being able to activate it because of the closure of the Parks will mean that I will not have to pay an increase in annual passes if they by chance do go up when the Parks open up again.

I can answer this! I bought 2 Deluxe annual passes in January to beat the cost increase with the plan to activate when we went in August. I’m completely torn on what to do about going to DL. I spoke with a CM last week and asked about this. He said that if I activate them before an increase then my timer will start the first day I go into the parks. If it’s a couple years down the line they still retain full monetary value. But I would have to pay the difference if there is an increase. I didn’t ask about an end date since I know I’ll get to DL in the next couple years. I won’t lie, part of me is a little bummed that I’ve got $1600 wrapped up in tickets I don’t plan to use for a while but there was no possibility of a refund.

I can answer this! I bought 2 Deluxe annual passes in January to beat the cost increase with the plan to activate when we went in August. I’m completely torn on what to do about going to DL. I spoke with a CM last week and asked about this. He said that if I activate them before an increase then my timer will start the first day I go into the parks. If it’s a couple years down the line they still retain full monetary value. But I would have to pay the difference if there is an increase. I didn’t ask about an end date since I know I’ll get to DL in the next couple years. I won’t lie, part of me is a little bummed that I’ve got $1600 wrapped up in tickets I don’t plan to use for a while but there was no possibility of a refund.
Thank you for responding. I ended up speaking with another CM and was told I would have to pay the increase if there is one. I'm hoping since the parks have been closed that if there is an increase that it will be waived since there was no way for me to go in and get my AP. I don't think I'm going to activate it yet. I want to wait until all of this Covid mess is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter