Using Concierge Services

TrvlLin

Earning My Ears
OK, I have a question I haven't seen answered and am hoping someone can help. If hotel check-out is 11:00 am, can you continue to use the concierge services after that time? Our return shuttle time won't be until about 2:30pm, and we plan to make that our resort day, taking pictures, using the pool (will we be able to change in the pool restrooms?) and having a farewell visit to the concierge lounge. Will this work? Thanks...Lin

I don't see why not, although I've never tried it. People probably change in those restrooms all the time. You will still have your cards to get in the bldg., although you could probably just walk in the automatic doors--if they've seen you for a few days, they know you are a concierge guest.
Good question!! We move from Poly to VWL on a Sunday, and I wanted to swim that morning too.
Robin M.

After you check out, I don't think your keys will work to get back into the Hawaii building.

Oh, sorry I didn't make that clear...we will be at AKL, not the Polynesian. I don't expect to be on the 6th floor, as there are 5 of us and we will need one of the rooms with bunk beds, a queen bed and a daybed. There are only 6 savannah view rooms on the concierge floor at AKL, and I expect we'll just be on the 5th floor, which is not a dedicated concierge floor. Lin

We checked out of the Poly concierge about 10am with a flight that didn't leave until much later (8pm). We went to the parks, came back, swam, sat in the lounge and had a light dinner, changed in the restroom all before our driver came.

The keys worked fine the entire day. We left a small back with suits and our airport clothes with concierge - the rest went to bell services.

Liz

Thanks Traveliz...that sets my mind at ease. I wouldn't have thought of leaving the small bag with the concierge, but what a great plan! I don't want to be a hog, but on the other end, we are arriving late on our first day, so won't be using any of the services then. It kind of equals out. Thanks for the info...Lin

You have to use a key on the elevator at AKL to get to the 6th floor concierge lounge. It may not work after you check out.

We stayed on the BC concierge floor in November. On our last day, we checked out by 11:00 but, since we didn't have to leave for the airport until 3:00, we hung around the resort and let my nephew swim.

We had no problem using our keys in the elevator to get back to the concierge floor after we had checked out.

If you have any doubts about access, I'm sure that if you mention your plans to the concierge CM's they will make sure you are taken care of.

We were at Poly concierge 11/01. We had a Tiffany Town Car pick up for the airport at 6:00 pm. Not only did they let us continue to use the lounge, they also stored a large carry-on in the first floor reception/desk area of the Hawaii building so that we could swim in the afternoon and then change into travel clothes. The wine and appetizers in the lounge made parting a little less bitter!

yes, you can use it till you leave. you can also use their pool. And if you're staying at the Poly, you can pack a change of cloths and change before you go. That's what they told us. We can use all the services from the hotel including Concierge lounge until we leave.
I just called this and asked this because our flight is not till 7:00 p.m.

The concierge amenities are available to you until you leave the resort. Your keys to the concierge floor will work until midnight, but you will be expected to leave your room by check-out time. There is always the possibility of arranging a late check-out, it just doesn't happen often since the concierge services are generally pretty full.

As others have indicated above, the concierge staff will hold your carry-on luggage and the remainder may be stored at bell services. We do the same as mentioned above--store a change of clothes for departure time and our swimsuits. We then head off to hit all of our last minutes must dos, return for a swim, grab a bite in the lounge before leaving, say our good-byes, and head out. It's the moment I dread from the time I get on the plane to head to WDW!

Dont forget a Ziploc baggy for your wet clothes!!! Nothing like having a damp carry on, that is then searched at the airport! :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter