Using credits on in-laws???

AmyM

<font color=blue>Things sometimes get better the s
I'm thinking that the intention of the DDP is to have them nontransferable (meaning each person in your party is supposed to use the 3 credits per day given to them). I'm having a hard time finding a definitive answer however. I know you can double up credits and use them at a signature restaurant and buy multiple snacks at a time. Would it be wrong to buy in-laws dinner one night (staying on different ressie not on DDP) with our credits? Don't want to break any Disney laws here :teeth: ...but can't find an answer one way or the other.

Has anyone ever done this?

You can pretty much use your credits however you want! People have reported using their credits on total strangers, so Disney doesn't care if you use them on your family. :thumbsup2 How would they know the difference anyway?

They are yours to spend as you wish. You could blow them all on the first night if you wanted to!

You just hand them a card at the end of the meal to take them off of so it doesn't matter how many meals you happen to buy. Disney just knows that once they're gone, they're gone!

My mom ate several meals with us and we never had a problem in using credits to pay for her meals!

We have done this the last two trips we've used the DDP. Mostly it's up to the restraurants. While we had no problem paying for 2 extra people with our credits at most places, we were really hassled at Coral Reef last month. The server insisted that this can't be done and even complained after doing it. He insisted that he ring 2 meals on my card and 2 meals on my husband's card, instead of 4 TS meals off of one. I didn't care which way he did it. They were our TS credits and we PAID for them, and the brochure says to use them however you want. Other than CR, we were not hassled at all at LeCellier and Kona's where we paid again with our extra credits.

It's not a problem. You can have half the family stay in one room with DDP and the other half in another room without DDP and eat together! The only restriction is the total number of credits on the card.

Do be aware that if you share a meal but order an extra beverage, be sure to tell the server that you are paying OOP for the extra beverage. That will prevent them from charging you a "credit" for a "meal" that was only a diet coke! Also, check the number of credits remaining on each receipt before you leave the restaurant. If there is a mix up, they can straighten it out right there.

Thank you so much for the replys...I'm assuming this would be the same paying for grand gatherings? I'm thinking about taking them on the safari...I think that would be a great use of 2 TS credits per person....Anyone ever done this?

AmyM said:
Thank you so much for the replys...I'm assuming this would be the same paying for grand gatherings? I'm thinking about taking them on the safari...I think that would be a great use of 2 TS credits per person....Anyone ever done this?

I'm not sure what you are referring to with using credits for the safari :confused3 That isn't an option that I am aware of and nothing is listed in the brochure about it. Are you talking about the Sunrise Safari for concierge guests at AKL? That's not an option for the dining plan.

AmyM said:
I'm thinking that the intention of the DDP is to have them nontransferable (meaning each person in your party is supposed to use the 3 credits per day given to them). I'm having a hard time finding a definitive answer however. I know you can double up credits and use them at a signature restaurant and buy multiple snacks at a time. Would it be wrong to buy in-laws dinner one night (staying on different ressie not on DDP) with our credits? Don't want to break any Disney laws here :teeth: ...but can't find an answer one way or the other.

Has anyone ever done this?

Our friends used their leftover TS credits to get our dinner (5 of us) their last night at 1900 Park Fare.

Kristen

HayGan,

It's for magical gathering groups of 8 or more. Safari Celebration Dinner at AKL and International Dinner and IllimiNations Dessert Reception at Epcot can be paid for with 2 TS credits instead of the 59.99 charge.

AmyM said:
HayGan,

It's for magical gathering groups of 8 or more. Safari Celebration Dinner at AKL and International Dinner and IllimiNations Dessert Reception at Epcot can be paid for with 2 TS credits instead of the 59.99 charge.

Oh, I hadn't heard of that. That certainly sounds like an interesting use of the credits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter