Using Disney app while not on wifi

JCinMN

Mouseketeer
Whenever I try to use the Disney app not usinf WiFi, I receive an error and it won’t let me log in. Others have mentioned using their data. am I doing something wrong? Using an iPhone or iPad.

I don't know if these tips will help, but here goes:

When the app goes wonky on me, I delete it and reinstall -- so far, that has taken care of any problems.

Some people with older phones have reported increasing problems with the app, especially as the newer updates install. They have had to delete the newer versions and reinstall the older versions -- that resolves the issues for them.

Several people here have reported problems with the most recent update. Some have reported the exact problem you're having -- about half the time they can log in and half the time not. DLR IT has said that they know there is a problem and that they are working on it.

Hopefully others here will chime in with what works for them.

I had some issues last week. Functionality was bad one day. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Would not let me log back in while on WIFI and also with WIFI off. Finally deleted the Disneyland app, and Disney play app, then reinstalled the Disneyland app and it worked again. Maybe a conflict between the two?

... Finally deleted the Disneyland app, and Disney play app, then reinstalled the Disneyland app and it worked again. Maybe a conflict between the two?

Some people, including posters here, have reported a problem with the DL app once they installed the play app -- so there does appear to be a conflict between the two on some phones. The most common problem, though, appears to be that the play app drains your battery so that the DL app can't run and you can't use MP!

As an aside, I was at the park yesterday and a CM asked if I'd be willing to take a survey later. They sent the link this morning and I completed it. It was considerably longer than their typical survey. It took at least 20 minutes to complete. But they did ask a number of questions about the app and I explained that there are several problems with it, not the least of which is that it crashes regularly and is often slow. Hopefully they consider the feedback and take appropriate steps.

Whenever I try to use the Disney app not usinf WiFi, I receive an error and it won’t let me log in...

I had a similar problem yesterday. I believe, however, that I was using WiFi. The app wouldn't log in automatically. Since I don't know/remember my password, I had to change it. That's at least the second time that's happened. It's kind of a pain. Seems like they have a lot of work to do before the app is optimized.

When we were there a few weeks ago, my wife tried using the app with Disney WiFi. It ended up burning through her phone battery. Once she turned off the WiFi, everything was fine. Sort of a pain. Why have an app if the Wifi doesn't keep up, or worse, kill your battery life.

I have similar problems, sometimes it just depends where you are in the park. There's a lot of dead zones imo.

Forgive me, I'm very tech challenged. But if you delete the app and then reinstall...doesn't deleting the app delete your tickets and your FPs?? I mean, if you delete then they don't exist, right? And if you reinstall you are starting over? Do you need to rescan your tickets to it and rebook your FPs?

Forgive me, I'm very tech challenged. But if you delete the app and then reinstall...doesn't deleting the app delete your tickets and your FPs?? I mean, if you delete then they don't exist, right? And if you reinstall you are starting over? Do you need to rescan your tickets to it and rebook your FPs?

That info is stored elsewhere and simply accessed through the app, you're just deleting a "key". Think of it like getting a new key cut for your front door when you have one that's sticking a lot.

I have similar problems, sometimes it just depends where you are in the park. There's a lot of dead zones imo.

Much easier to find dead zones that WIFI coverage in DL. Wound up turning off WIFI for the week and just using my data. Never have a problem in FL.

Your tickets are attached to your account. You are simply accessing your account via the app.

I could not get the DL app to work last Friday, August 24. The message about 'wrong password' came up. Then it claimed to be unable to let me reset my password (even though it wasn't wrong to begin with). This went on and on, so finally I gave up. It was quite irritating to be unable to purchase MaxPass, which I had done without incident on four previous park days that same week. Something like this had happened one day during my August 2017 trip, forcing me to go without MaxPass that time as well. My Android phone runs version 7, which I assumed was reasonably up to date, and I don't have the play app. Also I never even bother with in-park wifi. It never works; I am always on cellular data.

I have an AT&T iphone 6s - I turn off wifi to save battery life and only use data when in the park. The only dead zones I encountered were when I was in a building or in a line with high walls (think Indy, Space mountain, etc...) I think alot of cell phone dead zones have to do with service and the type of phone you have.

I could not get the DL app to work last Friday, August 24. The message about 'wrong password' came up. Then it claimed to be unable to let me reset my password (even though it wasn't wrong to begin with)...

Something like this happened to DH on Friday, 8/24, too! So frustrating, and it's the first time he's ever had any trouble with the app in the parks. Then the app ate our APs and MHP tickets -- gasp! Good thing I had them on my phone, so we used my app to get into the parks. Then, just as we were heading for the Information Kiosk at Carthay Circle to ask if anyone knew what might be going on, DH's app was magically restored! I don't know if it was a coincidence that we hit a wifi hotspot at the Kiosk or if it was something that DH did with his phone (iPhone 6s), but we were both relieved to see the APs and photos back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!