Using Disney Rewards card for saber/droid?

fivemonkeysplus1

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this seems like a dumb question but I've never done this before so I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly: Can I use my Disney Rewards card to purchase these items? I have $400 now and should have enough to cover 2 droids and 2 sabers by the time we go. I just use my card to pay when we go even though they made me put a card on file, correct?

I would assume so, but you would be better off changing the card on the reservation.

I would assume so, but you would be better off changing the card on the reservation.
I think OP is saying they're using what's basically a gift card--the rewards card is what you get from the Disney Visa to spend whatever points/dollars you've earned. I'm not sure you can put a gift card on the reservation.

Sorry I can't offer direct experience, OP, but from the way people have talked about it I don't think it should be a problem--I think it works the same as a dining reservation, where the card on file secures the reservation (and incurs the penalty if you no-show) but when it comes time to pay they'll accept whatever card you hand them. I'd just check to be sure that you have enough to cover everything with taxes included--not sure whether they'll do a split charge if a gift card is short (that's something I'm curious about myself). If the rewards card isn't quite enough one option might be to charge it to your room (if you're staying onsite) and pay down the balance with your rewards card as soon as you get back to your resort (that's how I'm planning to spend a $50 debit gift card and whatever pittance I have on my own Disney rewards card).

We did Savi's workshop and while I didn't use my Disney rewards, I was able to use my Disney gift cards I had saved up. They have you pay after check in for Savi's and never questioned how I was paying (I also had a credit card on file) So I'm pretty sure your Rewards card would be handled the same way. I believe the credit card hold is for no shows. Hope this helps.

We used our rewards to pay the deposit for our trip and will be using it to cover our hotel. We just requested a giftcard and it worked similar to a credit card with putting the number in to use it. You should be good to use it however you want to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter