Using ECV, and transfer for rides

tlhbdm

1354.40 miles away from the mouse
Good afternoon,

My DH and I arrive in 11 days (yay). I have to rent an ECV due to breaking my foot 7 years ago and I've had 6 surgeries on it. I have pain all the time and cannot walk very far at all. This is how the rest of my life will go which is sad because I'll be 32 in about a month. I have scoured the internet, Disney website, unofficial websites, called Disney Disabilities and still don't have an exact answer. For the first 7 days my husband and I will pretty much be together except for when he goes to Star Wars land. I've read about having to transfer to a wheelchair for some attractions at the que entrance. Two problems I have with this, 1. My husband has RA and it is very hard for him to push me in a regular wheelchair. Second problem is I will be alone for 5 days out of my 12 days there and will not have anyone to push me at all. So my question is do you know how Disney handles these situations? I should also mention that I have severe anxiety disorder and I've had multiple panic attacks just thinking about not being able to go on rides because I can't go in a wheelchair. Hopefully someone can help me and can ease my mind.

Thanks

A good number of rides you can take your eCV in line with youall the way up to the load area Can you self push in a wheelchair if needed some lines are very flat ( buz is one I can think o that would need you to transffer to a wheelchair that one is flat while self pushing is hard it is doable for a short time) can your DH help you some maybe with you self pushing and him helping. ( I think there is a list of rides that the lines are not ECV accessable maybe you can take a look at them and see what ones you would like to do and do one that is not accessable and then another one a few hours latter try to do the rides you think will be the hardest when your DH is with you and when you two are at your best like if your felling your bast at the begging of the day do them then or if your feeling your best after you have and your DH has been up and moving for a few hours do the rides then) also talk to the CM ( now I am not going to get in to a long drown out agument here and a long likst of why I know this) but at spce when I was along in a wheelchair the CM did push me in line and out o line one time they would not even let me self push my self in line they where that insitive on a CM pushing me in line ( latter I found out it was becuse a guest lost control of there wheelchair and hit the railing at the bottom of the first hill and I was there at the time and the guest almost hit me )

if I can find the list of rides you must transfer to a wheelchair or the line I can post it for you

Last edited:
Can you self push in a wheelchair if needed......

I would say probably not because I'll have a bunch of stuff with me at least while I'm alone.I don't know about pushing myself up a hill (like in pirates at the beginning of the que)

I would say probably not because I'll have a bunch of stuff with me at least while I'm alone.I don't know about pushing myself up a hill (like in pirates at the beginning of the que)
ok I just edited my post on something you can try can you leave any o the thing you have in your ECV or use a locker for when you do need to transfer

I do not mean this in a bad way and I know this suck but I know sometimes there are things you just can not do becuse of your disability ( going thought this myself) instead of focusing on what you can not do focused on ride where you can take the ECV in or the rides that you can transfer in a wheelchair on ( like buz might be doable since it is flat)

ok I just edited my post on something you can try can you leave any o the thing you have in your ECV or use a locker for when you do need to transfer

I do not mean this in a bad way and I know this suck but I know sometimes there are things you just can not do becuse of your disability ( going thought this myself) instead of focusing on what you can not do focused on ride where you can take the ECV in or the rides that you can transfer in a wheelchair on ( like buz might be doable since it is flat)

POC is my all time favorite ride but I was told I can be on the ECV in line but other information is that I cannot have it in line. I think I have the found the list in the disabilities FAQ but it still is not 100% clear. I may just have to go with the flow (which is very hard for me) and take it ride by ride.

P.S. looks like we will be there at the same time 🙂

POC is my all time favorite ride but I was told I can be on the ECV in line but other information is that I cannot have it in line. I think I have the found the list in the disabilities FAQ but it still is not 100% clear. I may just have to go with the flow (which is very hard for me) and take it ride by ride.

P.S. looks like we will be there at the same time 🙂
I think POTCB you do need to use a wheelchair for since the ride unleads in a totally different building

and I totally get having to just go with the flow something I find very hard to do.

Yes I too think we will be at Disney the same time ( I am there from Wednesday the 28- Saturday September 7 )

I think POTCB you do need to use a wheelchair for since the ride unleads in a totally different building

and I totally get having to just go with the flow something I find very hard to do.

Yes I too think we will be at Disney the same time ( I am there from Wednesday the 28- Saturday September 7 )

I will be there August 26-Spetember 8. Thanks for your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter