• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using Explorers facilities when not staying there

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
I've just been looking on The Explorers homepage at photos of their facilities for children and they're great.

Had I known just how good they were I think I would of booked there instead of The Movenpick. If I could, I'd change.

Never mind though. What I want to know is if we were to go and have a few drinks in the bar in The Explorers (its next to the play area/pool) and pay the fee for the play place would there be a problem being as we're not guests at that resort ?

Hi,

sure you can go to the bar :flower: and what kind of fee is there for the playground?

And IMHO the Mövenpick is a much better hotel than the Explorers :cool1:

Greets Renate :wizard:

Hi Renate :)

I'm not sure how much the fee is for the play area.
All it says on DLP's site is that an extra charge is payable.

I'm thinking maybe they would make us show our room card/key to go in there :confused3
I hope not though - my kids love those kind of things.
We've got one near to us and I can never get them out of there once they're in :rolleyes:

I'm glad you prefer The Movenpick.
Although The Explorers has so much for children, they don't have a fridge or air con which are both really important to us.

If anyones interested, heres a link to The Explorers homepage.
http://www.explorershotel.com/?CLASS=Folder&DBID=3e9d7c37c3e9833cf1fc6509bc61866a

Its got better pictures than any other site :)

I just had a look at the Disney brochure and there it is said that you will have to pay if you want to play at the arcade, butif I get it right the plaground is part of the swimming pool so you might only go there as a hotel guest.
Sorry but the Explorers is the only hotel around I never have been :cool1:

Greets Renate :wizard:

Hi

I stayed in Movenpick last January and my friends were in Explorers. We joined them for a drink on two nights at Explorers and sat just by the bar/pizza place and my daughter and my friends kids were in and out of the Play area. There was no charge to use play area and it was open for all to use so I think you will be ok. The Movenpick is a MUCH nicer hotel and personally I wouldnt be too keen on Explorers. THe rooms in Explorers are very basic, and it always seems hectic wheras the Movenpick is luxurious and much calmer. It has to be a personal choice and maybe with a few kids the Explorers is attractive but for me I'd pick Movenpick any day.

Thats great Mini-mse :teeth:

Thanks for that :teeth:

We will definatly head over there for a drink in the bar and the boys can let off some steam :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter