Using FP+ on Mickey meet 'n greet in MK?

I agree that the FP is worth it, but ONLY IF you're dead set on meeting him in MK. We had a FP to see him on our trip in early May. When our time came around, it had been absolutely downpouring for close to an hour, and people were leaving the park in droves. But the line for Mickey was still 45+ minutes standby.

But if you don't care where you meet Mickey, there are plenty of other options to help you save the FP for a ride. My kids met him at Chef Mickeys and Garden Grill meals, and randomly in AK about 20 minutes after park open when we were walking by and the CM told us there was literally no wait. The only benefit to the MK meet right now is that he and Minnie are in their birthday outfits. Personally, I think their safari photos with Mickey and Minnie at AK turned out cuter, and the interaction at both character meals was better and more fun than the MK Mickey.
How was the food at Chef Mickey's? That's a great idea. Sounds better than using a FP at MK.

How was the food at Chef Mickey's? That's a great idea. Sounds better than using a FP at MK.

The overall experience at Chef Mickey's was good. The food was average, nothing to write home about and quite pricey for a buffet, but that's what you get with character meals. It was better than the food at the value and moderate food court buffets, but not as good as the buffets at the deluxe resorts, IMO. There is a wide variety of food with something for everyone, and a huge range of desserts.

The atmosphere was a very fun celebration vibe, though this did make it pretty loud. My kids also thought the monorail ride over was like an extra "ride" (they're 4 and 2 and it was their first time at Disney and on the monorail).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter