Using package tickets a day early

Jfsag123

DIS Veteran
We have a package booked for Paradise Pier with tickets. Is it possible to activate the tickets a day before the package starts? We’ll be in town before checking into our Disney resort and wondering if some park time may be possible prior to our stay.

Have you called to ask if this is possible? If it is, great! If not, you could always make a reservation for a TS place in DTD -- lunch or dinner and shopping? Or maybe a character dinner at Goofy's Kitchen in the DLH? That could be a fun way to kick off the magic for your visit.

I know when you book a package you pick up your tickets at check in. But i'm sure you could call and ask if you can get them before check in since you don't have to use them on the exact dates your package is for.

Thanks for the replies! I did an internet search and couldn’t find anything. Every time I call the Disneyland line I sit on hold for forever before anyone ever answers, so I thought I’d check in with the knowledgeable people here first!

Our situation is that we’ll actually be in the area 2 days before our package starts, but we’re staying with family for the first little bit. I was just wondering if we might be able to go into the parks with the family (who are AP’s) the day before we move over to Disney.

Have your family try calling the AP Hotline (number on the back of their APs). Maybe they can get through easier and get an answer for you. They can frame the question from their end, e.g. "I'm an AP and have a relative who has a package with tickets who wants to join me..."

Never heard of tickets that are date specific...and park tickets are not linked to hotel stays...so if you have the voucher in hand, you should be able to use them any days you want.

If you need to check in at the front desk to get your park tickets...that may be the tricky part.

Never heard of tickets that are date specific...and park tickets are not linked to hotel stays...so if you have the voucher in hand, you should be able to use them any days you want.

If you need to check in at the front desk to get your park tickets...that may be the tricky part.

When I did a package in 2017, they sent a package of stuff to me about 6 weeks in advance that included the ticket. But when I booked a package last year, I had to pick up the package at check in.

If you’ve books through Disney directly the tickets will be at the hotel.

I ran into this becuse we had a package booked through Disney and wanted to add a day but they didn’t have any availability through Disney directly. The actual hotel had rooms but even if I booked a hotel only for the extra day, Disney said the ticket package wouldn’t be delivered until the day of the package.

We ended up canceling our reservation and booking through get away today and saved a good chunk of money anyway and our tickets were mailed to us.

Appreciate the info! We’ve still got a good amount of time for me to figure out what to do, but it’s not a huge deal either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter