using points for Myrtle Beach?

dcibrando

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
How much does it cost to use points for Myrtle Beach (I think it's the yachtsman)? Does it vary throughout the year (the amount of points)? Is their any additional fee to use them for something other than disney resorts?

your help on this is appreciated...tks

No way would I even think about using my precious DVC points for Myrtle Beach!!! VERY hard to find a truly nice ocean front hotel there...I enjoy visiting MB from time to time but have the best luck away from the "strip" of high rise hotels. The new Marriott at Grande Dunes might be an exception but I have not stayed there. You can usually get very low rates(esp. off season) because there are SOOO many hotels/condos, etc. My advice (for what it's worth) is to just pay cash.

As earlier posted, there are deals galore in Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach. What is your pleasure, beach, golf, shopping. Time of the year is a very big deal as far as rates go. I think cash would be the way to go as well.

I would not use my DVC points at Yachtsman. I have been going to Myrtle Beach for the past 20 years. The Marriot Grande Dunes may be the one exception for trades into Myrtle Beach, but that would be a stretch. Fairfield has a nice Resort in North Myrtle Beach also. There are alot of really nice resorts that offer nice on-site amenities. The Yachtsman is a nice building, in a good location, but doesn't have much in the way of amenities.

Depending on the time of year you go, really has an impact on costs of rooms. June, July and August are peak times. May has two bike rallies that I would advise to stay away from (second and fourth week in May). March, April, September, October and first half of November are big golf months.

If you have any specific questions about Myrtle Beach, send me a PM.

What type of accomadations were you looking to use your points for?

We go to Mrytle Beach or the Outer Banks every summer (usually July) and I would never use DVC points for it. There are tons and tons of deals on hotel rooms, villas, houses, etc. No way do any of them come close to what a Disney vacation costs. Check Expedia and sites like that and you'll find plenty of deals for really nice places.

I agree with tigger031266, If you're points are what you need to have the vacation, you should go to HHI. Otherwise, pay cash at MB (go to the south end). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!