>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ & Questions <<

Question. We are a couple with a 12 year old staying at pop century. Our friends are staying at BC, they also are a couple with a 12 year old, they are going to a convention for their work throughout the days while we are there. We are going to take care of their child. One of the days we planned on staying in their room, restaurants, pool, at the beach club while keeping their 12 year old. Do you think this is acceptable?
You won't be permitted into the pool area if you are not a guest of the BC or YC. The lifeguards will be checking magic bands. Yours won't match the BC/YC magic bands. You could add their child to your room reservation and the four of you could swim at your pool or any of the pools at Pop Century (not to include Art of Animation).

Everything is acceptable except using the pool. Only paying guests staying at YC or BC can use Storm Along Bay.
Thanks for the reply. After reading up on it I see they are pretty strict on this and I understand why. We are going to use our pool at POP then come over, eat, and hang out at BC in the evening. Thanks again.

I haven't seen anyone address this: I have no interest in using another resort's pool, however I would like to spend some time on the beach at either the Poly or crescent lake in front of the BC. Will I have access to the beaches without using my magic band? (And no, NOT to swim in...lol)

I haven't seen anyone address this: I have no interest in using another resort's pool, however I would like to spend some time on the beach at either the Poly or crescent lake in front of the BC. Will I have access to the beaches without using my magic band? (And no, NOT to swim in...lol)
Officially, the Poly beach is for resort guests only. Enforcement varies.

polybeach-225x300.jpg

Well that's that then:) Thanks...We'll be eating at Kona's for breakfast, when we're done we'll stroll out to the beach and assess:)

DVC member pool hopping question. Are you allowed to drive and park at another pool hopping permitted resort just to pool hop or do we need to take transportation?

DVC member pool hopping question. Are you allowed to drive and park at another pool hopping permitted resort just to pool hop or do we need to take transportation?
It depends on parking enforcement at the resort. For example, wouldn't work at the monorail resorts where parking is pretty strictly enforced but if you were hopping to SSR where parking is plentiful it wouldn't be an issue. Just make sure you are following the pool hopping rules, which do vary by season.

It depends on parking enforcement at the resort. For example, wouldn't work at the monorail resorts where parking is pretty strictly enforced but if you were hopping to SSR where parking is plentiful it wouldn't be an issue. Just make sure you are following the pool hopping rules, which do vary by season.
Thanks kinda what I figured.

I didn't know that AoA pools were gated and needed a magic band to enter. We are staying at POP and knew we wouldn't be able to swim but I naively thought we would be able to go and have a good look around the pool areas and sit on a lounger for a while.

The only places you and your friends will be able to swim together at are Disney's two waterparks...Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon. I highly recommend either of them...combined, I've been to both over a dozen times. Both are wonderful!

Is the "no pool hopping" rule for all pools, or just for main pools? The quiet pools at POR are pretty quiet and empty, and when my nieces were at the Poly, they were allowed to hop over and swim with us at POR. We just asked nicely.

I didn't know that AoA pools were gated and needed a magic band to enter. We are staying at POP and knew we wouldn't be able to swim but I naively thought we would be able to go and have a good look around the pool areas and sit on a lounger for a while.

AOA has two pools. Are both gated, or just the main pool?

Is the "no pool hopping" rule for all pools, or just for main pools? The quiet pools at POR are pretty quiet and empty, and when my nieces were at the Poly, they were allowed to hop over and swim with us at POR. We just asked nicely.
It's all pools. All the pools have a sign at the pool stating it is for the use of the guests of that resort. Not guests of the guests.

Pop and AoA aren't sister resorts, so you would only be able to use the pools at Pop. AoA's pool is gated and can only be accessed with an AoA magic band.

What about AoA's playground and splash pad? Are those outside the Nemo pool? My kids would be most interested in the splash pad area.

What about AoA's playground and splash pad? Are those outside the Nemo pool? My kids would be most interested in the splash pad area.

The splash pad is part of the Nemo pool and inside the pool gates so you can't access unless your an AOA guest. There is a playground by the lion king area but I am not sure it would be worth the trip from POP.

The splash pad is part of the Nemo pool and inside the pool gates so you can't access unless your an AOA guest. There is a playground by the lion king area but I am not sure it would be worth the trip from POP.

We're heading over there to look around anyway, so we may check it out.

I just was at Disney in May '16 and when riding the boat from Contemporary to FW on our way to Trail's End, the boat captain was talking to another passenger. The captain literally wouldn't stop talking about how the guests at FW could use the Poly or Contemporary pools because the FW pools were basically lame compared to the rest of the resorts. The passenger asked him repeatedly if that was really true that they could use the other 2 pools as well and the captain kept saying absolutely. But now that we ourselves have booked the FW Cabins, I can't find that to be true anywhere on paper or even in chat with Dis cast members. I'm sure in his experience he thought this was the official story but it sure doesn't look that way.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!