>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ & Questions <<

The only pool I know of that has a CM w/ the specific task of checking magic bands at the entrance is the bigger one shared by BC/YC. We've swum in the pool at GF whilst staying at Poly and invited the man's family staying at GF to join us at Poly. I did ask a CM on duty at Poly and they gave permission. Didn't bother to ask the GF CMs.

It's so interesting how people have different experiences depending on who they ask. We were at the Poly last April and asked for day passes for my husband's parents who were staying at Shades of Green and the front desk said no, the pool is only for resort guests. It ended up being fine - we met them at Animal Kingdom but it seems some of these decisions depends on who you are asking. I'm glad you were able to have your family join you.

I'm a DVC member. Is it true that I'm allowed to pool hop?

Yes, with some restrictions.

Not sure if you wanted to update, but Dvc has recently updated its list of pools. Slightly different now.

And even if you don’t want to update, this lets dvc owners know to check the website because the list (and blockout dates) has changed a bit.

Not sure if you wanted to update, but Dvc has recently updated its list of pools. Slightly different now.

And even if you don’t want to update, this lets dvc owners know to check the website because the list (and blockout dates) has changed a bit.

I’ll update the list, thanks!

The first post should be updated, all DVC members are eligible for pool hopping with their member card, no matter what color their card is or how they purchased per the official rules posted on the member site.

The first post should be updated, all DVC members are eligible for pool hopping with their member card, no matter what color their card is or how they purchased per the official rules posted on the member site.

This is exactly what I came to ask so that you for mentioning! We are purchasing through re-sale and I was curious if this would allowed us access to other pools or if we needed to be a certain color card member. Thanks!

This is exactly what I came to ask so that you for mentioning! We are purchasing through re-sale and I was curious if this would allowed us access to other pools or if we needed to be a certain color card member. Thanks!
You are welcome, the member site is quite clear on this one, all members are elligible for this benefit.

Are all pools gated now? We are DVC members and like to pool hop… But also just wondering if it’s possible to eat at geyser point without swimming? When checking out quick service, unique places that looked like a great place to try. Is it inside the pool area?

Are all pools gated now? We are DVC members and like to pool hop… But also just wondering if it’s possible to eat at geyser point without swimming? When checking out quick service, unique places that looked like a great place to try. Is it inside the pool area?
It is not inside the pool area. Just close to the pool area. But the new pool area at WL is gated.

My girlfriend and I are staying at Wilderness lodge and another couple we are travelling with are staying at AKL. Would we be able to meet at one of our hotels and all hang around the same pool for a day? Thank you!

My girlfriend and I are staying at Wilderness lodge and another couple we are travelling with are staying at AKL. Would we be able to meet at one of our hotels and all hang around the same pool for a day? Thank you!

Probably not. Disney’s policy is that pools are for the use of registered guests of that resort. You can ask the lifeguard for an exception; they may allow guests, but it’s on a case by case basis.

One of you may want to change your reservation so you can hang out together at the same pool. Or buy a water park ticket and hang out there.

What if you do not want to swim in the pool, just sit and watch the grandbaby swim? Do you think they would allow that at Poly, particularly if we are dressed in street clothes, not bathing attire? (We are staying at POFQ). I understand the rationale of the restrictions, but wonder if this is step 1 of "no, you cannot eat at this resort's restaurant, drink at this bar, etc.". I love the pina coladas at Poly, and would hate to be told "NO DRINK FOR YOU!". :rotfl2:

What if you do not want to swim in the pool, just sit and watch the grandbaby swim? Do you think they would allow that at Poly, particularly if we are dressed in street clothes, not bathing attire? (We are staying at POFQ). I understand the rationale of the restrictions, but wonder if this is step 1 of "no, you cannot eat at this resort's restaurant, drink at this bar, etc.". I love the pina coladas at Poly, and would hate to be told "NO DRINK FOR YOU!". :rotfl2:
The problem is you still take up space/chairs at the pool that guests of that resort won't be able to use.

You're welcome to eat, drink, shop and explore at any Disney resort, outside of the pool area. The pool area is restricted because, as Deb & Bill said, seating is limited there and the resorts want to reserve it for their registered guests.

I understand wanting to watch the grandkids swim, but there simply isn't enough space in the pool or seating in the pool area to accommodate all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and family friends that might want to join Poly guests at their pool.

This isn't a new policy, by the way, so no worries about resort restaurants and lounges being off limits. The resorts have been restricting access to pools since the resort-building boom started back in the late 80s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!