Using Samsung\Android\Google pay at the parks

ScrappyTam

Earning My Ears
My husband will be attending a convention at WDW in October and for the first time, my calendar is open for me to go. Yay! Most of my trip there will be solo. I'm actually looking forward to that.

As I was working on my park plans, I got to thinking about how light I could travel since it's just gonna be me.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has used any of the Samsung\Android\Google apps for paying for things in the parks? I know that my phone will be with me and I haven't used those methods before. Just wondering how well they work in the parks.

Thanks!

My husband will be attending a convention at WDW in October and for the first time, my calendar is open for me to go. Yay! Most of my trip there will be solo. I'm actually looking forward to that.

As I was working on my park plans, I got to thinking about how light I could travel since it's just gonna be me.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has used any of the Samsung\Android\Google apps for paying for things in the parks? I know that my phone will be with me and I haven't used those methods before. Just wondering how well they work in the parks.

Thanks!
Sorry ive never used google pay to purchase stuff. but if they accept apple pay then surely google pay must be ok too? Hopefully someone who has been recently can chime in.

Oct is a fabulous time to go. The weather is outstanding during that time. Plus I love the Food & Wine festival!!!!!! You must go! :)

I've used Google pay, it is easy. Just be sure to tell them that is how you are paying - just hold up your phone and say Google pay. I've used it at counter service, stores, etc. Some of the food from carts aren't set up to accept it, but I didn't find many. Was at WDW in May for a week and used my phone (Samsung GS8) to pay for things all over the parks with no issue. To use it, be sure to set up Google pay before you go & make sure you have NFC enabled. I'd even test it out where you live to see how you like it.

It's almost as easy as paying for things with your Magic Band. :-) Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information. I was really hoping I could use a magic band, but since we're staying off site, I can't. I think using my phone would be the next best thing.

Don't know if this response is better here or in the Parks or Budget forums but if you are a Discover card member in the last quarter of the year one of their 5% reward categories is Digital wallets includes Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Garmin Pay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!