Using Two Browsers To Cancel / Make Reservation Using Same Points

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by hayesdvc, Feb 10, 2019.

1. hayesdvc

hayesdvc DIS Veteran

Many times successfully by using two browsers, I have used one to cancel a reservation then by using the other browser apply those points to the new reservation.

I tried this very unsuccessfully today for the first time since the recent website change.

Will this no longer work or is the functionality different now to make this process work?

2. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

This no longer works. The Modify function is what now exists, and it does basically the same thing.

jerseygal and bumbershoot like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. js

js Been around since before the disboards 90s crash

Yes the modify function now works and surprisingly for Disney, it works very well.
    Did you loose your ressie?

5. hayesdvc

hayesdvc DIS Veteran

I did, however, hopefully by using the modify function I won't again. Thanks for the info,

6. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

You want to use the modify function. It holds the reservation you have until you get thru to finalize the reservation you want to change to.

7. Cyberc1978

Cyberc1978 DIS Veteran

The old two browser method does no longer work, but have been replaced by the modify option instead.

8. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

I used the modify function for the first time recently for two reservations and it worked well. There appears to be a "built in safeguard" as if you don't check the box, it won't change the reservation. I was nervous using it the first time, but I liked that safeguard of agreeing, was pleased. Hope that it works well for you next time.:goodvibes