• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using WDW tickets at DL

mickeyfanz

Mouseketeer
We are planning a DL trip next Spring and I read on mousesavers.com that you can use unexpired days from your old WDW tickets at DL. Has anyone done this? Do you have to trade them at Guest Services first or can you put them through the turnstiles as-is? If you keep the same pass, does it work fine with FastPass?

I think you have to have them exchanged for DLR passes at guest services, but I am not sure. We have never done this because DLR tickets are ALOT cheaper than WDW tickets, and they usually have specials/discounts available too (at DL). I would buy (in advance) tickets for DLR, and save your WDW park hoppers for your next trip to WDW!!! :)

Interesting... I called WDW one day and asked if my DL AP would get me into anything at WDW, or if it would allow me to purchase discounted tickets of any kind at WDW and I was told "no" discounts of any kind - different parks, different tickets, no discounts in no uncertain terms.

Now I'm hearing that tickets at WDW can be exchanged at DL and used there for admission. Sounds like a double standard to me! :scratchin

DL APs and WDW APs are not interchangable between resorts, but the old WDW park hoppers are. Don't know about MYW tix. I've seen people take them to the turnstyles and use them. My only issue would be that it takes awhile because a lead has to come over and verify that there are still days on the ticket and usually no one behind the person trying to use the WDW ticket gets to go through until that happens.

We did this on our trip in June this year. Just take your WDW tickets to the turnstile. Hand your tickets over to the cast member at the turnstile, they'll ask you to stand to the side while they call a supervisor, who will take your tickets, deduct a day from them, give them back to you along with a one-day DL/DCA park hopper ticket, which you then can use at Fastpass booths. We didn't have to wait more than about 3 minutes for the whole process. No need to go to Guest Services or a Ticket Booth either, which is a good time saver.

alanjones said:
We did this on our trip in June this year. Just take your WDW tickets to the turnstile. Hand your tickets over to the cast member at the turnstile, they'll ask you to stand to the side while they call a supervisor, who will take your tickets, deduct a day from them, give them back to you along with a one-day DL/DCA park hopper ticket, which you then can use at Fastpass booths. We didn't have to wait more than about 3 minutes for the whole process. No need to go to Guest Services or a Ticket Booth either, which is a good time saver.

Exactly as stated. I did this in May.

scanmom said:
I think you have to have them exchanged for DLR passes at guest services, but I am not sure. We have never done this because DLR tickets are ALOT cheaper than WDW tickets, and they usually have specials/discounts available too (at DL). I would buy (in advance) tickets for DLR, and save your WDW park hoppers for your next trip to WDW!!! :)
Whether DLR tickets are cheaper probably depends at least in part on what WDW tickets you buy. I used a day on my WDW park hopper at DL last week even though theoretically a day at WDW costs more; I'm going to WDW in December for a 7-day trip, and the "extra" MYW day I'll have to buy to make up for the spent park hopper will cost me about $3.

It's gotten really weird and confusing doing the price comparisons with the MYW tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter