UUUUUUUUUUGHHHH - Paypal disputes?!?!-LONG

HayGan

We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b
OK - 4th attempt at posting - is anyone else having this problem today :confused3 anyway...

How long does it take for paypal to resolve disputes? I have this looney buyer who just filed a dispute with paypal. (Yes, if you read the Dis, I am talking about you and you are a loon!) I sent an item to her that was in perfect brand new condition. Anyway, she claims it arrived broken (luckily I purchased insurance which she declined. I purchased it because when I went to the PO I couldn't remember if she purchased it or not so I figured better safe than sorry - lucky me!!!) I offered to send her a replacement for the broken piece at my expense or send the item back to me (once again, at my expense) and I would refund her winning bid. (She claimed the she loves the item but can't use the broken piece.) My auction clearly stated that I am not responsible for damage if insurance is declined and that shipping and handling are NOT refundable. I even offered to send her the documentation to file the insurance claim on her own. Anyway she ignored my last e-mail (sent 5 minutes after she e-mailed me) and sent me an e-mail 5 days later that she sent the item and is demanding a full refund. I once again stated that I would refund her winning bid price and the shipping back to me but I would not be refunding the original S&H. So she goes and files a dispute with Paypal today. The kicker is that she claims she only sent the item back to me today :sad2:

She has several negatives in the past few weeks and unfortunately she bought my item via BIN so I couldn't have blocked her (which I would have done given some of the feedback comments - some of which were for her having buyers remores which I definately think is the case here!)

So, my question is how long does it take for paypal to settle disputes and what would you have done if you were me?

BTW, I'm sure that she will be leaving a negative (as will I) but I couldn't really care less at this point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter