V & A Chef Table Review 12-2002

nutz4dzny

Been there, done that, going back to WDW again!
We went to the Chef's Table on Dec. 19, 2002. 2 reasons. First to celebrate our DS 18th Birthday and second, to celebrate his acceptance into UCF the Burnett Honors College and Accelerated Medical Program! So we were very happy!

Chef Scott wasn't there and at first we were concerned but the Sous Chef Amiee, (Chico) was incredible! We weren't disappointed.

We started out with the Amuse Bouche. I have pictures of everything with explanations of food! The toast was with our favorite....Iron Horse "fairy Tale Curvee: Brut, Green Valley 1997.

It was all uphill after that!!!!

My DH and I did the wine pairings.

I will list them now:

Chehalem "3 Vineyard" Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley 2000
Very good!

Riesling Spatlese Baron Zu Knyphausen, Rheingau 2000
I liked this although a little sweet.

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, malborough 2002
Did not like at all!

Guenoc Chardonnay "Genevive Magoon Vineyard", Guenoc Valley 1999
This was very good and buttery with slight Oak flavor. Very Smooth!

Rioja Gran Reserva Marques de Caceres, Spain 1992
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Is all I can say! Best!

Chateau Pontac Monplaisir, Pessac-Legnan 1992
Ferriera Tawny, Porto
Great with the cheese!

Sauternes LaFleur D'Or, Bordeaux 1999
Don't remember this one by this time!!!!! LOLOLOL!

I would give this dinner a 10!

We had special treatment all evening! Not one thing was wrong! They accomadated all my specail requests. The real treat was the Alaskan White Kinf Salmon which Chef Amiee said was very rare and Disney went and purchased the 2 fish that were caught in the whole group for a ridculous price! She said we were very lucky to have that!

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

V & A Chef Table Pics!

Seems like my server is having a problem with my Pictures! I will try to fix it! Thanks!

Thank you for sharing the photos! I had to call my DH upstairs to see them too. We always have wondered about V&A's food preparation.

Sounds like you had a wonderful meal!! And the photos were excellent!
PLEASE do not be offended by this Q, but it appears neither DH nor DS had on a jacket. Did they take them off while eating, or were they allowed in w/o a jacket?? Reason I ask is that it is always advertised as a restaurant w/ a "jacket for men" dress code.

I am not offended at all! We were in WDW for 20 days and we could not pack jackets. No room. We had 9 pieces of luggage!!! We did not need to wear jackets in the Kitchen. Just to walk from the Main Dining room to kitchen. They provide you with Navy Blue Jackets for that. In fact...they were very nice jackets!!!!! They keep 15 of all different sizes but all Navy. So there you go...in case you forget to pack a jacket they will give you one!

Thanks for clearing this up. In essence, you were given a jacket to walk to the Chef's Table, but once there, no longer necessary to wear one(?) Even after all my meals at V&A, lI was unaware that the jacket policy does not apply to the Chef's table!! I imagine most others do not realize this, either.
Would you mind just putting out a seperate post indicating such?? If you would rather not, would you mind if I did??
Thanks. Just trying to save some unnecessary packing for anyone headed for the Chef's table!!

Wonderful pictures! I've often wondered about the chef's table experience. Loved getting a "free peak" :p

Good to know about the jacket policy as well. Wish we had known on my honeymoon :rolleyes: . I had packed a wonderful, floor length, body skimming velvet dress. New hubby hadn't thought to pack a jacket so we didn't go to V+A (I was so dissapointed, didn't know you needed to help a hubby pack, lol). I'll never fit into that dress again either :rolleyes: perhaps my DD will some day.

Heidi

I don't mind if you Post a seperate Post about the jacket. I think it will help a lot of people. Thanks. I am on my way to the office and I haven't the time to do it so I appreciate your offer!!!

What great pics! And what a special treat for your son. It sounds like you've eaten at the Chef's Table before, so you must really enjoy it. We've only eaten at the regular seating for Victoria and Albert's. If you don't mind sharing; how do you compare the dining room with the Chef's Table?
ummmmm, now I'm hungry:)

I prefer the Chef's table. I love the interaction with the kitchen and the different amounts of food is better than the one choice you get in the main dining room. Also it is so much more relaxed! We will only book the chef's table for V & A. And we do it once each trip we take! You should try it really! It is such fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!