Vacation Houses, Wells and Whole House Water Filters

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
We have a little cottage in the mountains where we rest and rejuvenate about once a month and also loan it to friends and families. It does sit empty a lot too...as in a few weeks at a time.

We put in a well a year ago, about 340 feet deep.

This past week, I did a yearly test and the coliform bacteria came back high. Not e.coli, but the other bacteria that is typical in plants, dirt and nature. We called our well man, shocked the well per county agent detailed instructions and I will retest in 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I want to research whole house water filters because this basically freaked me out and I don't want to worry, even though I will always test the well.

Water filters. I want one for the whole house, that will also take out bacteria. UV is energy intensive and I'd like to not have that type. What else is available that deals with bacteria?

I can't seem to find any information that is NOT from someone selling systems. Consumer Reports hasn't reported on whole house (point of entry) systems.

My questions would be....since water is not being circulated constantly like in a lived in house, but 2-3 weeks might pass with no active water, what system would be best?

And...where can I read reviews and comparisons from an unbiased source???????

Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter