vacation where everything went wrong update

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
A few weeks ago i wrote about my and my mom's trip to disneyland where she got a stomach virus and I had to take her to er twice. Also her dentures were accidently thrown out by house keeping. The last few weeks have been kind of dpepressing for me as we were so looking forward to the trip. But Disney really came through by comping our last extra night because coulnd't fly out and they are sending us a couple of 2 day tickets to use. First and foremost my mom is fully recovered from her illness and is doing much better.Thanks to disneys kindness i thnk we are going to go in november for a make up trip. I have the week of the 10th scheduled off but Disney hasnt announced the christmas season dates yet so i dont want to reserve a flight yet. So its either the 10th or the 17th. We havent been on xmas in years so it would be a nice change. Of course We are nervous about something like this happening again but what are the odds? Well bring hand sanitizer to use before we wat and my mom will bring a mask to keep those germs away. At least we have somehting to look forward too again. Hope it goes well

The weekend of Veteran's day as been traditionally the start of the "holiday season" But if it were me, I would do the 17th just to be safe.

A few weeks ago i wrote about my and my mom's trip to disneyland where she got a stomach virus and I had to take her to er twice. Also her dentures were accidently thrown out by house keeping. The last few weeks have been kind of dpepressing for me as we were so looking forward to the trip. But Disney really came through by comping our last extra night because coulnd't fly out and they are sending us a couple of 2 day tickets to use. First and foremost my mom is fully recovered from her illness and is doing much better.Thanks to disneys kindness i thnk we are going to go in november for a make up trip. I have the week of the 10th scheduled off but Disney hasnt announced the christmas season dates yet so i dont want to reserve a flight yet. So its either the 10th or the 17th. We havent been on xmas in years so it would be a nice change. Of course We are nervous about something like this happening again but what are the odds? Well bring hand sanitizer to use before we wat and my mom will bring a mask to keep those germs away. At least we have somehting to look forward too again. Hope it goes well
So glad your mom is better.

I agree about going for the week of the 17th. I feel the volume of people there will be better than the Veteran's Holiday time. Plus it is before the Thanksgiving rush.

We use to get sick right after getting home from a trip... But at least we were home. I know you can't avoid all germs BUT we have kept from getting sick by using the disinfectant wipes faithfully... as we can.

Once on the plane everyone in my group knows the drill, wipe anything you are going to touch with a wipe. I do the same when we arrive in the hotel room. From there it's hand washing...

So far this has kept us from getting sick from a trip.

You are going to enjoy the holiday decorations in the parks.

Geemo

Dang! Sorry you had such a bummer trip. Our last Disneyland trip was a bust too. My son had the worst stomach flu. This horrible trip prompted us to take our amazing WDW trip. So ultimately it worked out, hopefully you have an amazing re-do. I’m getting a real Disneyland re-do this summer.

Thanks all for the advice, i think the 17th would be better too we dont want to miss its a small world holiday, plus who knows how long till disney announces the christmas season. Disenfeting wipes, never thought of that. I suppose those are available in small packs that can go in your pocket. I cant wait to go back and do the trip right. How do u think the weather will be in november? I hope still warm. when we went a few weeks ago it was still pretty cool in the evening.

Thanks all for the advice, i think the 17th would be better too we dont want to miss its a small world holiday, plus who knows how long till disney announces the christmas season. Disenfeting wipes, never thought of that. I suppose those are available in small packs that can go in your pocket. I cant wait to go back and do the trip right. How do u think the weather will be in november? I hope still warm. when we went a few weeks ago it was still pretty cool in the evening.
Sometimes I will just pull several out of the Lysol multi-contain and put in zip-lock bags.
The single packet ones are easy to keep in a pocket.

Target carries a brand "Wet Ones" with 24 packets in a box for $1.99
I'm sure other stores do to.

Dang! Sorry you had such a bummer trip. Our last Disneyland trip was a bust too. My son had the worst stomach flu. This horrible trip prompted us to take our amazing WDW trip. So ultimately it worked out, hopefully you have an amazing re-do. I’m getting a real Disneyland re-do this summer.
Did your son get it at the resort? It is so scary to have to go to the hospital out of town, We dont do alot of rides so I just my mom to have a good mellow time. with lots of food and ice cream.

Did your son get it at the resort? It is so scary to have to go to the hospital out of town, We dont do alot of rides so I just my mom to have a good mellow time. with lots of food and ice cream.
No, we think either at the airport or eating out on Harbor blvd. we stayed across the street that time.
It was an epic nightmare when he woke up vomiting and other stuff... bleh.

On the bright side he always listens to me when I tell him to go wash his hands or for him to use hand sanitizer now. 😂

We’ve had freezing at 60 and windy. Rainy. All the way to high 80’s and me melting.

No, we think either at the airport or eating out on Harbor blvd. we stayed across the street that time.
It was an epic nightmare when he woke up vomiting and other stuff... bleh.

On the bright side he always listens to me when I tell him to go wash his hands or for him to use hand sanitizer now. 😂
yeah thats exactly what happened to my mom

How do u think the weather will be in november? I hope still warm. when we went a few weeks ago it was still pretty cool in the evening.

Disneyland is often cool once the sun goes down. Even in hot July I’ve experienced that. Always bring layers and be prepared.

Did your son get it at the resort?

You’re never going to figure out exactly where you picked up a stomach bug.

Unless it’s actual food poisoning and the hospital tests it and others report it and you all ate at the same place, for non food poisoning viruses it’s kust something you touched then put your hands to your face.

Wash your hands thoroughly, try to not touch anything before the meal (menus make that difficult), and don’t eat finger foods that require you to put your fingers to your mouth. (Like bread rolls) Best way to avoid noro-type voruses.

Glad she is doing well. Holiday time is a great time to visit and It's a Small World Holiday is an amazing ride. Knock on wood that your mom doesn't get sick this time.

A couple things to keep in mind, once the sun goes down, it gets very cold. If someone in line near you is coughing a phlegm cough, go ahead and leave the line and try again later. I have found that a lot of sick people brave it through the day and go to the parks.

Disneyland is often cool once the sun goes down. Even in hot July I’ve experienced that. Always bring layers and be prepared.

You’re never going to figure out exactly where you picked up a stomach bug.

Unless it’s actual food poisoning and the hospital tests it and others report it and you all ate at the same place, for non food poisoning viruses it’s kust something you touched then put your hands to your face.

Wash your hands thoroughly, try to not touch anything before the meal (menus make that difficult), and don’t eat finger foods that require you to put your fingers to your mouth. (Like bread rolls) Best way to avoid noro-type voruses.
What about fries?

You can use a fork with fries. You may get a few weird looks.
Just say you’re European 😉 In Germany, they have a special little fork just for French fries. They’re made of wood like a popsicle stick and have two prongs on them. Just for funeies, I looked online and Amazon actually sells them! 200 forks for $7. Look up “Gmark Eco-Friendly 3.5" Wooden French Fry Forks 200 ct, Two Prong Wood Fork, Mini Forks Chip Forks”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!