Valentine's Day?

Then why do children take Valentines to school?:rotfl:
I couldn't even imagine celebrating this day with my husband. It would seem so cheesy and forced and uncomfortale to me.
Same reason that Valentines Day is a holiday at all to sell cards.
I have never really had a partner at Valentines Day. And all the marketing (expect the cards for school exchange) is marketed at adults. Flowers, heart shaped boxed of chocolate, fancy dinners, jewlery are marketed at couples.

I think it’s for who you want it to be about. ... It may be marketed towards couples by jewelers and chocolate companies but a fair amount of people see it as a day about love. Well, once you get past the history, lol.
Ya my head understands all that but my lonely heart dosen't.

Dh is out of town this week for work. We did go out to a Valentine's dinner at church last Saturday.

For several years in a row, there were a string of crummy Mother's Days for my mom. (Miscarriage, I was hospitalized, and she messed up her knee. All happened 3 years in a row).

Our last 2 Valentine's Days have been like that. Last year, we were learning that our 20 year old son did not have cancer, but an odd infection that is still lingering . Tonight, dh tells me his brother who has cancer has decided to stop treatments, is losing his house and will live his remaining time with their mother in her state and his brother's wife of 35 years will live with one of their sons. Not easy news to hear.

So it's just another day.

But dh will be back home tomorrow!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter