Valet parking at Resort

minerva78

Mouseketeer
I've searched but have not found the exact answer. If you pay to valet park at a monorail resort, do you have to have an ADR? Can I eat at a QS restaurant at the resort? I'm considering an offsite stay in a condo for half of what I would pay onsite, but I would like to have some QS breakfasts at Poly on our MK days. I "think" this is okay, if I'm paying the $33 + tip for valet, but I wanted to check first.

I don’t know whether anyone can give you a definitive answer because getting past the guard seems to vary. We drove to GF this morning for our lunch ADR at the Cafe. There was a sign at the guardhouse stating that only resort guests and those with confirmed dining reservations would be allowed to park there, and when we told the guard that we were coming to eat at the Cafe he asked us specifically whether we already had a reservation. However he didn’t check anything, just took our word for it, and told us which way to go to self park or to valet park. Whether you’re allowed in, even to valet park, might depend on how busy and full the resort and parking is that day, since obviously the guard wouldn’t be able to ensure that you do valet park, so I think you'll just have to take the chance that you’ll be turned away.

If you are paying to park you can do whatever you want.

I’m not asking to be snarky but because I’d like to know too — if you say you’re going to valet park, will they usually let you in, even though they can’t confirm that you do?

Respectfully, I'm inferring this question is being asked with the intent to beat the system?

I'm not the one who posted that question you are referring to. But what I gathered her question was if you are allowed to park any time if you valet, as you said, and you DO plan to valet park, will they still turn you away because they have no way of telling if you are truly going to valet park vs park in the regular lot? That sounds confusing! I guess I just mean if I go with the full intention to valet park, NOT beat the system, it sounds like I still may be turned away. Do you know if that's true? I might just book an ADR if that would help get around the valet issue.

I'm not the one who posted that question you are referring to. But what I gathered her question was if you are allowed to park any time if you valet, as you said, and you DO plan to valet park, will they still turn you away because they have no way of telling if you are truly going to valet park vs park in the regular lot? That sounds confusing! I guess I just mean if I go with the full intention to valet park, NOT beat the system, it sounds like I still may be turned away. Do you know if that's true? I might just book an ADR if that would help get around the valet issue.
Yes You definitely could not be allowed to Valet Park, depending on how busy it is. It is not usual, but not rare either.

Yes You definitely could not be allowed to Valet Park, depending on how busy it is. It is not usual, but not rare either.

Is that true if I have an ADR scheduled too? I think I may abandon the idea of eating QS at a resort and book an ADR for breakfast instead. Do you know if I could still be denied valet parking if I have an ADR? I imagine with all these new parking fees they are strinctly enforcing everything, so I want to make sure I know what I'm doing!

Breakfast valet parking, you will probably be fine. Absolute worst case, you will be sent to the (cheaper, no-tip) TTC lot and take the monorail .

Is that true if I have an ADR scheduled too? I think I may abandon the idea of eating QS at a resort and book an ADR for breakfast instead. Do you know if I could still be denied valet parking if I have an ADR? I imagine with all these new parking fees they are strinctly enforcing everything, so I want to make sure I know what I'm doing!
If valet is full, it is full, so it can happen.

But if you are there to valet they do generally expect you are not there to beat the system, and if busy they can have you pay at the gate, or radio ahead to expect you.

But what I gathered her question was if you are allowed to park any time if you valet, as you said, and you DO plan to valet park, will they still turn you away because they have no way of telling if you are truly going to valet park vs park in the regular lot?
i can see why you think that, but the way the question is worded makes believe the actual intent is to claim to be valet parking, but actually to divert into the no cost self parking.
I’m not asking to be snarky but because I’d like to know too — if you say you’re going to valet park, will they usually let you in, even though they can’t confirm that you do
Also, I am skeptical, not snarky.

I've searched but have not found the exact answer. If you pay to valet park at a monorail resort, do you have to have an ADR? Can I eat at a QS restaurant at the resort? I'm considering an offsite stay in a condo for half of what I would pay onsite, but I would like to have some QS breakfasts at Poly on our MK days. I "think" this is okay, if I'm paying the $33 + tip for valet, but I wanted to check first.
It's easier to park at TTC and walk or monorail over to the Poly. That way no worry about whether or not it's allowed .

Not sure if Disney works the same way, but at other places with valet parking, I have NEVER seen them turn away a paying customer. They put your car in an overflow area until space becomes available. They find a space for your car no matter how busy valet might be. If not staying at a particular resort, you still can't 'game' the system at Disney by valet parking and then spending the entire day at one of the parks.

Respectfully, I'm inferring this question is being asked with the intent to beat the system?

NO, I was not asking with intent to beat the system!

I was asking because I was curious about whether the guards usually trust guests who say they’re going to valet but don’t have an ADR. If we don’t have an ADR, we don’t drive to other resorts — we’ve had too many long walks at our home resort BWV due to full parking lots that empty mysteriously after Epcot closes.

Not sure if Disney works the same way, but at other places with valet parking, I have NEVER seen them turn away a paying customer. They put your car in an overflow area until space becomes available. They find a space for your car no matter how busy valet might be. If not staying at a particular resort, you still can't 'game' the system at Disney by valet parking and then spending the entire day at one of the parks.
I have seen them turn away guests at the Contemporary if they were not dining with an ADR or were not guests of the resort. We were in line to park (we had an ADR) and they had Disney Security at both gates (the manned gate and the auto gate that you open with your band. I heard them tell the car next to us that they were sorry but they could not allow them to valet park without a reservation either for lodging or dining. They were turning away a lot of cars that day.

The other consideration is that is costs at least $10 or more to valet park since you have to pay to valet park plus tip the valet to park your car.

I agree. I was referring to someone with an ADR (i.e. 'paying customer') who plans to valet park. I doubt you will get turned away.

I agree. I was referring to someone with an ADR (i.e. 'paying customer') who plans to valet park. I doubt you will get turned away.
We saw them turn away others, too. I don't know why we were lucky, but they let us park. if valet parking is full, self parking is also going to be full. They don't have extra spaces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!