Validating Canadians tickets?

JKCDA

Earning My Ears
I keep seeing people mentioning having to validate their Canadian tickets - what do I have to do to get that done? I don’t have time in my quick 4-day trip to go to Disney Springs, so can I do it at the gate or the front desk or something?

I did mine at the ticket counter at Magic Kingdom. You can do this at any of the parks, the ticket counter or guest services I think it's called?

Yup. Go to guest services at the parks or Disney Springs be sure to bring your ID for each ticket voucher to prove your citizenship. We went on arrival night to get the voucher exchanged then hit the parks the next day.
Good luck

So if you go to Disney Springs to activate the tickets - do you just have to show your Canadian passport there and not have to bring it to the park on your first day?

I've had the Canadian tickets twice now and have never had to go to a ticket counter to validate. I even brought my passport in September to Animal Kingdom just in case. They just take my driver's license at the resort and I've been good.

I've had the Canadian tickets twice now and have never had to go to a ticket counter to validate. I even brought my passport in September to Animal Kingdom just in case. They just take my driver's license at the resort and I've been good.
Depends on the resort I think. We stayed at Pop and they couldn’t validate there so we went to DS.

Once was at Pop and the other time was at movies
Interesting. I had read prior to our trip that Canadian tickets couldn’t be validated at values but I hoped they were wrong. When I asked at Pop this past March we were told they couldn’t do it there so off to DS we went, and they required a passport. Our drivers license wasn’t acceptable.

Interesting. I had read prior to our trip that Canadian tickets couldn’t be validated at values but I hoped they were wrong. When I asked at Pop this past March we were told they couldn’t do it there so off to DS we went, and they required a passport. Our drivers license wasn’t acceptable.
I was prepared to do it at the parks I just never had to. It was last September and this September. I was very happy about it though. I did book the tickets over the phone with Disney both times so maybe that was it?

I was prepared to do it at the parks I just never had to. It was last September and this September. I was very happy about it though. I did book the tickets over the phone with Disney both times so maybe that was it?
Maybe. I bought mine on the website through the Canadian Resident link. They were automatically linked to MDE but I still had to validate them. Who knows??

We stayed at Boardwalk last year and walked over to the International Gateway and redeemed the vouches with our passports. Once the voucher are redeemed they are linked to MDE/Magicbands so if you have your bands bring the with you. Last year at the resort they wouldn't redeem the voucher they directed us to guest services at the parks or Disney Springs

Okay...so where is Guest Services at the MK? We don’t get it until 10pm, so going the day we arrive is out, and we have an 8:30 breakfast the next morning at Grand Floridian (this can’t be moved, at the birthday girls request), and the day planned at the MK - if I take the monorail to the MK from there, I skip the Transportation Centre, and isn’t that where guest services is?

I was guessing if it was, I could take the monorail to Epcot, redeem the tickets, then take the monorail back to the MK...I just hate to waste that much time on an already short trip.

At MK Guest Relations is just to the right side of the turnstiles, inside the security checks. There is a queue set up with about a dozen windows. Just join the line there and you can't miss it.
EN1001-05.jpg

I’ve read some people just take photo of passport with their phone and that’s been accepted. I would be afraid of having to bring passport to the parks.
One trip my daughters purse went flying out of Space Mtn. It was our last ride on the last day. Thankfully her passport wasn’t in it. They had to mail her purse back home to us. Things happen!

It’s odd someone mentioned they didn’t accept their drivers licence. Because you don’t have to be a Canadian citizen, just a resident.

I’ve read some people just take photo of passport with their phone and that’s been accepted. I would be afraid of having to bring passport to the parks.
One trip my daughters purse went flying out of Space Mtn. It was our last ride on the last day. Thankfully her passport wasn’t in it. They had to mail her purse back home to us. Things happen!

It’s odd someone mentioned they didn’t accept their drivers licence. Because you don’t have to be a Canadian citizen, just a resident.
That was me. Reports are definitely mixed on this but we were required to show our passports at both WDW and DLR to validate our Canadian Resident tickets. WDW was this past March and DLR was last August. We're headed back to DLR next month and I plan to take my passport to validate again to be safe because of my past experiences. I don't want to be sent back to my hotel to get it if the copy of passport or drivers licence isn't accepted.

That was me. Reports are definitely mixed on this but we were required to show our passports at both WDW and DLR to validate our Canadian Resident tickets. WDW was this past March and DLR was last August. We're headed back to DLR next month and I plan to take my passport to validate again to be safe because of my past experiences. I don't want to be sent back to my hotel to get it if the copy of passport or drivers licence isn't accepted.
You can take photocopy of your passport or pic on your phone. Haha, that was me, going back to my room to get ID at DL. I was so busy reminding everyone else to bring passport, I forgot mine :guilty: Had to do the walk of shame lol.

You can take photocopy of your passport or pic on your phone. Haha, that was me, going back to my room to get ID at DL. I was so busy reminding everyone else to bring passport, I forgot mine :guilty: Had to do the walk of shame lol.
Haha not fun!!
Not sure about WDW because we already had our passports in hand so it never came up but as I was digging in my bag for our passports the CM at DLR was adamant that only the original passport would be accepted, no copies, and no drivers licence. Maybe it depends on the CM?

Haha not fun!!
Not sure about WDW because we already had our passports in hand so it never came up but as I was digging in my bag for our passports the CM at DLR was adamant that only the original passport would be accepted, no copies, and no drivers licence. Maybe it depends on the CM?
I think so. I’ve had my License accepted, can’t remember if it was WDW or DL.

Does anyone know what time Guest Service windows typically open at MK, for a 9AM opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!