• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Value DVC Resort?

todd222222

Mouseketeer
I've read a couple of post elsewhere on the DIS that talk about rumors of a future Value DVC resort.

Anyone hear this?

If so, does anyone know of a decent source? Not a "cook at Pop Century" but rather reading between the lines of some kind of official document or some other documented source. Rumors are rumors I understand, but some carry more weight than others.

What would be your thoughts on such a resort?

I personally think I would like it.

Or would it be doomed as their may not be a "value" market for DVC.

I wouldn't mind the physical location of DVC being in the (as of yet) uncompleted half of POP Century. And I think the existing unused food court/check-in building would be fine. A portion of the food court area could easily be converted into a separate table service or buffet restaurant.

As far as the DVC rooms being "value class" (smaller, less features) I don't think that would work at all, especially for trading to other non-DVC timeshares...the trading companies set basic standards for their trading properties.

Disney could easily finish the partially completed bedroom buildings and incorporate those rooms into the existing POP, then start basically a "new resort" for the DVC property, using the food court/check-in building.

However, I think a better use would be for small value CRO family suites similar to those at All-Stars.

there are plans for each and every WDW resort to receive a DVC resort.

that is all I know.

the resort beginning mention often was Pop. but Pop is probably their more popular resort (I love it), as well nicely priced when you are on a budget.

don't really think it will be there. but hey I was wrong about BCV!!!:wizard:

thinking along the lines of the Horizon by Marriott to the regular Marriott.

a little smaller area, more kid stuff (less teens and older group), smaller kitchen, no whirlpool tub, no separate shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter