Vancouver Area Shopping

afan

Honorary Bus Driver
I'm planning a day trip up from Seattle mostly to eat I'm in need of some Timmy's, Boston Pizza and some macarons from Lauderee. I'd also like to do some shopping while I'm there. I think the Lauderee shop is on/near Robson St so I can look around there.

I normally go to a mall in Surrey but I'd like to try somewhere new. I have a Nexus card so I'm not concerned about border waits and can go from Van over to Langley or up to Richmond/Burnaby. I would prefer to avoid the toll bridge but may go to the stores by the hard rock.

I'm looking for christmas decor, a washable gym bag for my mom and something for the dogs. Anything else is a bonus. I'm already aware of Roots and Chapters. I'm looking for places I haven't been that might be good. I've thought about Granville island but I'm not sure theres enough shops I'm interested in to go there.

Thanks!

If you're already heading to Robson Street, Pacific Centre is close by and may be an option for you. You can take a look online and see what they have for stores. The Port Mann Bridge no longer has tolls so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Metrotown Centre in Burnaby is another huge mall, bigger than Guildford out in Surrey.

If you're already heading to Robson Street, Pacific Centre is close by and may be an option for you. You can take a look online and see what they have for stores. The Port Mann Bridge no longer has tolls so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Metrotown Centre in Burnaby is another huge mall, bigger than Guildford out in Surrey.

Is Pacific Centre the one with higher end stores? I went to a mall dt last year when I was in town for a Canucks game. The Burnaby one sounds promising, I'll check it out.

Also great to know about the tolls, I haven't been over it in a few years.

Is Pacific Centre the one with higher end stores? I went to a mall dt last year when I was in town for a Canucks game. The Burnaby one sounds promising, I'll check it out.

Also great to know about the tolls, I haven't been over it in a few years.

Yeah, they are fairly high end. A lot of what you are going to find downtown will be higher-end and boutique.

I second Metrotown, it’s huge, it has everything you could want.

Granville island is awesome, but it’s not really a mall type of shopping.

Langley.... I don’t think it’s worth your time tbh.

You could also try the McArthurGlen Designer Outlet in Richmond

Thanks @gypsy_at_heart and @ILovePixieDust! While Tsawassen Mills has a Boston Pizza which gives it an edge, it's mostly stores we have down here. I like the size of Metrotown, help me get a long walk in since I won't get my run in that morning before I leave. It has fewer American stores which is what I'm looking for.

I don't mind the driving around, I've done it enough to know my way around a bit, though more in Surrey and Langley. We always used to use the border crossing at Lynden because it was always short so we'd often just go shopping in Surrey and Langley and then maybe pop over the bridge to go to the Roots outlet. I wasn't impressed with the Roots outlet a couple years ago, though I know it's hit or miss, so I'll probably skip it and just look at the regular store at the mall. I looked at a map and it doesn't look too bad getting from dt over to Metrotown and then back down to the Peace Arch crossing. Having the nexus card makes it so much easier since I don't have to plan to get back to the Lynden border for the shorter waits.

Metrotown is huge, so if you’re looking for walking you’ll get it there! Granville Isl. is fun to walk around if you have the time, but it’s mostly artsy shops, a few restaurants and the market.
North Van also has several malls. Park Royal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!