Vancouver - Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront?

If you can handle the price point, consider Fairmont Pacific Rim.

Only a block away from the cruise terminal and one of the nicest hotels I’ve ever stayed at (rooms are incredible). And when we stayed there, they offered complimentary car service to the cruise terminal, which included luggage drop off.

Loved the Fairmont stayed twice. We stayed before our Alaska cruise and so easy to walk over. Walk or Run around Stanley park if you have the time.

I would stay at the Fairmont but for a different reason than anyone above.....
I was supposed to cruise on the Hawaii cruise in April and had booked a non-refundable room rate at the Fairmont. Well, as you know, the cruise was cancelled. I called the hotel just to see what, if anything, they could do. Without any hesitation the rep announced she would refund my non-refundable reservation.
Next time I’m in Vancouver I will definitely stay at the Fairmont.
That’s amazing!

We've stayed at both - and they are both amazing, offer easy access to the ship and the underground shopping and luggage service. I will say Pan Pacific edged out because we splurged on a room that would give us a view of the bridge - I happened to be up early (darned time change) and was able to watch the Wonder sail in from the bridge. Amazing way to start the day!! (oh, and if you have time, make sure you do Fly Over Canada! Basically Soarin', except, well, over Canada. :-) )

Only a block away from the cruise terminal and one of the nicest hotels I’ve ever stayed at (rooms are incredible). And when we stayed there, they offered complimentary car service to the cruise terminal, which included luggage drop off.

We also stayed at the Pacific Rim. All I can say is oh my was it nice! I had the best night's sleep there. PM Trudeau was staying there when we were there and I got his picture. While we walked our luggage to the ship (it was very close), the car service is in their fleet of BMW's. In fact they will take you anywhere in the city you like. They also have bikes you can use. We did tour the other Fairmont and the Pan, if I had to pick between the two, I would pick the Fairmont, but just my opinion. Give the Pacific Rim a look, worth the splurge!

We have stayed at PP twice, concierge and will do it again, every time. Totally Wonderful experience!

We stayed at the Fairmont a couple of years ago...drove up from Portland, OR a day before our DCL cruise. Several things about the hotel & terminal. The hotel was great and location was awesome, just a short walk across the street from the terminal. We had to take our luggage to the terminal ourselves unless we wanted to pay the hotel staff to take it.
The terminal, if you are driving, has a built-in parking facility on many levels "under the sea" so to speak, and it is tricky to find out where you should park. We pre-paid on line (be sure to take your bar code sheet with you) and after parking went to the hotel, but came back later that evening to scout the place out so we knew where to check in the next morning. There can be at least two cruise lines checking in at once, so be sure you look for the Mickey hands and correct signage. Getting off was smooth and it was easy to take your luggage by elevator down to your car.

I live close to Vancouver. The Fairmont is always the better choice, but often the higher price at the Fairmont leads people to the Pan Pacific. If you can afford the Fairmont, stay there. If not, the Pan Pacific is a good option. The Delta hotel is another popular choice, though not right at the port.

Hi friends!

In a fit of eternal optimism, I’m moving ahead with planning an Alaskan cruise next year. Would love to hear opinions on the two waterfront hotels in Vancouver - the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront.
We have stayed at the Pan Pacific before a cruise and it was super easy and amazing room overlooking the bay for less than the Fairmont. They are across the street from each other so you’ll have a great start to your trip no matter what

I just looked up pricing for the Fairmont next July and it was cheaper than the Pan Pacific, which is fantastic! You can pay a fee to have guaranteed late check-out, if desired.

The Pan Pacific has a pre-cruise package that includes late check out, breakfast, and luggage transfer to the ship for you.

You can't beat the PP's luggage transfer option to the boat. However, unless you having nothing better to do with your money, better options exist. It can be a crapshoot whether the Fairmont is cheaper, it really depends on the time of year.

If you are open to walking 1 extra block, try the Auberge or the Wyndham and then spend you savings at Signals instead.
For those who don't mind walking an extra block and want to save some money I also recommend the Auberge. We stayed there after our cruise. The room was large with a separate bedroom and we had an awesome view of the Wonder at the harbor. It was really cool to watch the next cruise after ours leave the dock.

Hi. I am considering staying at the Pan Pacific, but i was wondering about transportion from the Vancouver AIrport to the hotel. We have 7 people plus luggage does anyone have an idea on how best to handle that?

Hi friends!

In a fit of eternal optimism, I’m moving ahead with planning an Alaskan cruise next year. Would love to hear opinions on the two waterfront hotels in Vancouver - the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront.

I thought I wanted PP but then read a few less than stellar reviews. Please give me your thoughts and opinions - thanks!
We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront with a water view and loved it. Lovely hotel in a great location, and we got to watch the Wonder sail in and dock the morning of our cruise. It docked in direct view of our window. That was magical! We ate room service breakfast while watching the previous cruise's passengers disembark.

And of course, the location is steller for both hotels regardless of the view. We did Fly Over Canada the morning of the cruise- it was a quick walk over. And getting to the port is also just an easy walk across the street. We also booked a car service through the hotel to drive us from the airport to the hotel, and the driver was awesome & pointed out a few Vancouver sights along the way. Couldn't have had a better experience there.

Last edited:
We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront with a water view and loved it. Lovely hotel in a great location, and we got to watch the Wonder sail in and dock the morning of our cruise. It docked in direct view of our window. That was magical! We ate room service breakfast while watching the previous cruise's passengers disembark.

And of course, the location is steller for both hotels regardless of the view. We did Fly Over Canada the morning of the cruise- it was a quick walk over. And getting to the port is also just an easy walk across the street. We also booked a car service through the hotel to drive us from the airport to the hotel, and the driver was awesome & pointed out a few Vancouver sights along the way. Couldn't have had a better experience there.
Did they have transportion from the airport to waterfront vancouver?

Hi. I am considering staying at the Pan Pacific, but i was wondering about transportion from the Vancouver AIrport to the hotel. We have 7 people plus luggage does anyone have an idea on how best to handle that?

I also booked a car service through DCL to take us from the airport to the hotel. We booked our room on our own (way cheaper than DCL) but since it was the hotel DCL uses, we were able to book the car service. For 7 people though that would be super pricey! I would look outside of Disney for a private car service, they sometimes have larger cars like mini vans, or if possible with your family dynamics book to smaller cars, it may be the same price or cheaper then finding a place with one large car. You could also do the same split up with a taxi or ride sharing service.

I also know there is a public transportation train that people say is quick and easy to take from the airport to downtown right near the port, I haven't done this in Vancouver however. I have done it in a lot of other cities, and if you are hauling a ton of luggage, or not familiar with public transportation, I can see it as overwhelming. If you can swing the cost, sometimes just having the ease of getting off a plane and into a waiting car, can be really nice.

Last edited:
We stayed at the Pan Pacific before our 2018 cruise and it was fantastic. We did a stay and breakfast deal so the morning of embarkation, we had a terrific buffet breakfast in the dining room overlooking the Wonder where she was docked. We had gotten up early that morning and watched her come in from the pool area. It was just perfect. No complaints about the hotel at all!

Loved the Fairmont stayed twice. We stayed before our Alaska cruise and so easy to walk over. Walk or Run around Stanley park if you have the time.

We have stayed at the Pan Pacific three times and had planned to stay there in June for our Alaska cruise which was canceled. We have thoroughly enjoyed our stays there. The restaurants are great, and you can get food in the bar which we did as we wanted watched a hockey game during dinner one night. There is a underground walkway with access to the food court including Starbucks. The views of the ships docking or leaving is spectacular. And even rooms with views of the Vancouver Harbor Flight Center for Seaplanes are very enjoyable. The rooms were being remodeled in 2019. We stayed in one it was beautiful. Plus the free delivery of the luggage to the ship is great, but the best part is they will pick up your luggage at a time that suits you. You just call them when you have the bags packed. We packed our bags by 9:30 am and when called the bellman was at our room within 10 minutes. The bellman did mention that sometimes there are delays in pick up later in the morning as so many stay in their rooms for a later check out. The cost is high, but for a special vacation it is worth IMO.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific in a concierge room and loved it. The Fairmonts all look really nice, too. For us, the deciding factor was my mobility-challenged DM. At the PP we were just an elevator ride from the port instead of across the street, and that actually did matter to her. Waking up and seeing the Wonder go under the bridge and sail into port right below our room was awesome, but I would absolutely consider one of the Fairmonts if everyone can walk a block to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!