Vancouver pre-cruise meet up location suggestions?

adSimba

Always another adventure with Mickey
We're going to be on the first Alaska cruise of the year, and in only a few hours 27 people have signed up to hang out, where can/should we go for a big flash mob type meeting near the pier?

If you want to meet outside, the second level of Canada Place as a lot of space, offers great views (possibly of another cruise ship) and you will not bother anyone. It is a public area on the same pier where your ship will dock, built on top of the cruise terminal.

Last edited:
a bunch of us were staying at the Pan Pacific, and we were able to meet on the pool deck. I think even those who were staying outside the hotel were allowed access for our 2 hour afternoon meet up. The kids swam and most of the adults just gathered and talked around the tables.

We met up at gelato shop near Canada Place. Not the famous one (that place has lines around the block). We went to QQ Gelato & Bubble Tea, Canada Place #30, Vancouver, BC, Canada. There was a lot of space outside for the kids to enjoy their gelato and get to know each other and the gelato was actually really good.

a bunch of us were staying at the Pan Pacific, and we were able to meet on the pool deck. I think even those who were staying outside the hotel were allowed access for our 2 hour afternoon meet up. The kids swam and most of the adults just gathered and talked around the tables.

Did anyone let Pan Pacific know about the meetup?

Did anyone let Pan Pacific know about the meetup?

I did not organize the meet up, so I'm not sure. But I think she did. Most of us were staying there, so I think she asked if it was okay if we had "guests" for 2 hours. The pool area otherwsie was not busy at all

as a follow up, I made a poll for my group on Tuesday, and the three main options were the Pan Pacific Pool area, QQ Gelato, and the closest Tim Horton's to the port (just to be silly so there were more options).

Tim's is currently winning by a 30% lead Lol, I did not see that coming, but the race is not over...

as a follow up, I made a poll for my group on Tuesday, and the three main options were the Pan Pacific Pool area, QQ Gelato, and the closest Tim Horton's to the port (just to be silly so there were more options).

Tim's is currently winning by a 30% lead Lol, I did not see that coming, but the race is not over...

The Tim Hortons is going to be super crowded for that size of group. There's not a lot of seating. If you do Tim Hortons I suggest getting coffee and donuts to go and then hang out near the cauldron or along the pier. (I work in downtown Vancouver, I can see the cruise ship terminal from my office window.) In late May though you still have a solid likelihood of rain so keep that in mind.

I vote for Tim Hortons. That place rocks. I will add Mean Poutine which is located a bit further afield. Great atmosphere in a fun part of downtown.

The day before our Alaskan, a group from our cruise met at Fly Over Canada (similar to Soarin). It is at Canada Place .

The Tim Hortons is going to be super crowded for that size of group. There's not a lot of seating. If you do Tim Hortons I suggest getting coffee and donuts to go and then hang out near the cauldron or along the pier. (I work in downtown Vancouver, I can see the cruise ship terminal from my office window.) In late May though you still have a solid likelihood of rain so keep that in mind.

I agree 100%. That’s not a big place. Definitely agree to order then head over to the cauldron area.

Not according to Canadian consumers. The coffee is still pretty good though.

Not a fan of their donuts or coffee fornthat mattter. Though a box of timbits saved me and son from a Vancouver to Heathrow flight when they hadn’t gotten out vegetarian meal requests and had nothing for us.

When in Vancouver our treats involve crepes and veggie-Japadogs. :)

Good point, and the gelato place is next to the cauldron, I think I may make the cauldron the meeting place and recommend getting nearby treats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!