Vancouver Question

Any where near the Pan Pacific to exchange Canadian currency to US currency? Can you use Canadian currency to purchase OBC on the ship?

There is a Vancouver Bullion & Currency Exchange about 3 blocks from the Pan Pacific. The address is 800 West Pender. If you put that in google maps you will see how close it is and how to get there. I don't know if you can use Canadian currency for OBC - I think that is unlikely. We have used our Canadian credit cards but they charge us american dollars.

I am not 100% on this, but I believe you can exchange currency on the ship at guest services. Standard day of exchange rate applies. No idea if they charge a fee. Thinking of trying this on our next cruise though.

When we were on one of the Iceland/Norway sailings, by the end of the trip we had a small amount of various currencies left over. Our bank at home charges a flat fee per currency to make an exchange and it really wasn't worth it for the small amount that we had left over. So went to guest services on the last day of the cruise to see if they would apply it to our on board account. It was no problem at all. I have no clue if the exchange rate was comparable to what a bank would have given us, but they did not charge us a fee, so it probably came out just as good (or better) than what we would have gotten from our bank at home. We didn't ask for cash back, but just applied it towards our on board account balance. Super easy.

Any where near the Pan Pacific to exchange Canadian currency to US currency? Can you use Canadian currency to purchase OBC on the ship?

Everything in downtown Vancouver is close, either walking or taxi. So there probably is.

But I see you’re from Georgia, so why would you have a lot of Canadian correct to change?

Brought some Canadian currency for our pre- cruise Vancouver visit. Would like to apply any that's left to our OBC on the ship. I called DCL and they said they don't accept Canadian currency even though there in Canada for the summer. We are staying at the Pan Pacific, they will exchange USD to CD but not the other way around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter