Vancouver- Victoria, June 2019

sk!mom

DIS Veteran
planning a trip with one or two other couples for June. We all loved Seattle so we expect to love going farther North.

Thinking 7-10 days. Probably busing VRBO for accommodations.

What are the must sees/dos? Best areas to stay in? Can’t miss restaurants?

We love wineries and breweries. Are there any in those areas?

Appreciate any thoughts on this trip.

I'm from Victoria BC. Must see attractions here are:
Royal BC Museum https://royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/
Buchart Gardens ( They did the garden at the Canadian Epcot Pavilion) https://www.butchartgardens.com/

https://www.canadiancrafttours.ca/pages/victoria-winery-map My sister got married at Church and State Winery ( just a short drive from Buchart Gardens too)

If you have kids: Butterfly Gardens is also near Church and State, Buchart Gardens. These are about at 30 minute drive north of the city, on the #75 bus route

Downtown Victoria has the Royal BC Museum, Miniature World, Harbour Cruises, walking along the Inner Harbour, St Anne's Academy Grounds, Helmcken House https://www.tourismvictoria.com/see-do/activities-attractions/statues-landmarks/helmcken-house.

Buchart Gardens are lovely. If you have seen the Victoria Garden at Epcot at the Canada pavilion, they based them on Buchart Gardens.

We did a horsedrawn carriage ride when we were there. But it's been many years since we were there.

How are you getting there? We drove from Montana and then took the San Juan ferry through the San Juan Islands to Vancouver Island. It was really pretty and the water was fairly calm. The Blackball Ferry to Port Angeles was a lot rougher and I got really seasick.

I live outside Vancouver

My must sees: Stanley Park, Granville Island, Grouse Mountain, Take sea bus to Lonsdale.
Science World and Vancouver Aquarium are fun with or without kids.

Lots of craft bear places. I am not a beer drinker but I believe there are several in the Olympic Village or Yaletown. Only one I have been to is Craft Market in Olympic village . There is a brewery on Granville Island too.

For Wineries you would have to leave the city. Lots in South Langley. A few in Delta and Surrey too.

We loved Vancouver. Our favorite thing was Capilano suspension bridge. It’s not just the bridge, it’s tree top walks, the cliff walk and a lovely boardwalk to walk along as well. We stopped on our way back from Grouse mountain, there is a free shuttle from the cruise port terminal.

Great restaurants, we has Greek, Thai, Italian and also great brew pub meals. Stanley Park was lovely as well.

How are you getting there? We drove from Montana and then took the San Juan ferry through the San Juan Islands to Vancouver Island. It was really pretty and the water was fairly calm. The Blackball Ferry to Port Angeles was a lot rougher and I got really seasick.

Unfortunately it just totally depends on the day regarding sea conditions. Some days the Strait between Victoria and Port Angeles can be absolute glass while the crossing to the islands can be rough, and then other days the islands are calm but Port Angeles is a washing machine. Obviously other days it’s calm everywhere and other days it’s rough everywhere. I work on boats out of both locations and it really just depends on the day.

We kind of did this in 2015. We went all touristy and did the usual. Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver. It's not just the bridge but a network of treetop paths. Butchart Gardens near Victoria of course. The ferry ride itself is spectacular, although you'll have your choice of routes.

And perhaps if you're starting/ending in Washington, maybe overnight in the San Juan Islands. Washington State Ferries has a ferry from Sidney to Anacortes through the San Juan Islands with a stop at Friday Harbor. We didn't get off there, but it seemed like some place I'd like to spend overnight in the future.

And in the Vancouver area, Richmond has the best reputation for Chinese food on the west coast. It's really that good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!