Variation on a recipe . . . (crock pot)

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
A long time ago LilPrincess posted a recipe to a "Topic of the Week" thread. The topic was crock pot recipes. Of course I never have what I need to make recipes & am always tossing in extra stuff.

Originally posted:

Drip Beef Sandwich

3-4 lb roast
2 cups water
4 beef bouillon cubes or 4 tsp instant bouillon
3 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon oregano
1/2 Tablespoon rosemary
2 Tablespoon seasoning salt

Put roast, water and all spices in crock pot and cook all night. Remove roast and pour juices in a bowl. Put the bowl in freezer until fat hardens. Remove fat by skimming off the top.

Pour juices back in the crock pot. Shred roast and put back in crock pot. Cook on low until ready to serve.

It's really good on french rolls and a bowl of Au Jus.

My changes:
1) I never have dried rosemary around, as I usually use fresh. Since the grill is done for the winter, I didn't have any on hand so I skipped it.

2) I use a blend called "Season-All" from the local spice store. It has no salt in it, but I still didn't really want that much so I cut it to 1 Tbl.

3) I added the following:
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp chili
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Kitchen Bouquet - just thinly poured over the whole roast.
a few drops of Liquid Smoke

This was SO good! I haven't gotten a beef roast for a while (this one was still in the freezer - begging to get made!) I was really tired of it & so were the kids. The smell of this just about drove them crazy - and neither of them was here to eat it! ;) By the time they left, though, they were begging me to save them some!

Mmmmmm!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter