Variations in deck 2 Wonder room sizes

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
I’ve been kicking around the idea of a 3th Wonder cruise. I have some questions on room size. Are rooms 2000 2014 2500 2514 larger then their neighboring rooms? If you look on the Disney website it appears those four rooms are larger. I realize that near the window one can gain some extra room with the triangle of space/shelf near the window. My daughter kept her luggage there and never had to unpack.

But these rooms look wider. I can’t get photo to post.

Last edited:
I think it's probably an optical illusion. They are all stated as 214 Sq Ft. If I hold something up to the picture and "measure" they appear to be the same.

2F4FCA3E-5971-4F18-A058-A5D2D4E57CFC.jpeg
I think it's probably an optical illusion. They are all stated as 214 Sq Ft. If I hold something up to the picture and "measure" they appear to be the same.
See that’s what I did too. But when you blow up the image room xx12 is much smaller than xx14.

View attachment 317390
See that’s what I did too. But when you blow up the image room xx12 is much smaller than xx14.

Do you mean the deck plan? Or somebody’s actual photo of room interior? I wouldn’t expect the deck plans are so accurately drawn to scale like that. Any appearance of a difference may be due to the drawing and not an actual recognizable difference in room size.

Enjoy your cruise!

Do you mean the deck plan? Or somebody’s actual photo of room interior? I wouldn’t expect the deck plans are so accurately drawn to scale like that. Any appearance of a difference may be due to the drawing and not an actual recognizable difference in room size.

Enjoy your cruise!
I was thinking that they probably had the best equipment available and that they were about as accurate as they could be. But having said that, it doesn’t show the angles to reflect the window space which could have been reflected. Although if I think about it they do put a wall half way up so the distance to the window could be reflected in the darker gray area.

I was thinking that they probably had the best equipment available and that they were about as accurate as they could be. But having said that, it doesn’t show the angles to reflect the window space which could have been reflected. Although if I think about it they do put a wall half way up so the distance to the window could be reflected in the darker gray area.
I was thinking about the drawing too and I don't think they would bother with being that accurate for an application like this. It's not like it's the actual blueprint which would be totally accurate.

While it’s not one that you mentioned, 2004 and its sister on the other side of the boat are slightly longer. There’s room for an extra chair to sit between the nightstand and the sofa/bed. Might be same square footage, but in different dimensions than other cabins.

It's also possible that there's some equipment space in the wall there but it's just not on the deck plan drawing so they made the room look slightly larger instead of having a blank space.

I can vouch that 2504 (and those nearby also) are indeed bigger, even if the DCL website has them listed as the same sq ft. as others. It's due to the diagram you posted, the curvature of the ship and essentially they are "longer". Our extra space in 2504 was next to the bed and going toward the sofa bed and I'd estimate it was at least 1-2 feet extra space. I put both laundry netted baskets there, side by side, and still had plenty of room. The same would be true at the opposite end of the bed - more space leading up to the desk.

Thanks,
Heather

the difference would be a Standard inside room and a Dexlue Inside room. The Deluxe is going to be slightly larger.
IM asking about the picture of the rooms I placed above. Cabins that are stated as the exact same size but if you measure the photo they don’t match in width. But the inside rooms don’t show a size difference like the window view ones appear too in the picture from the website.

I can vouch that 2504 (and those nearby also) are indeed bigger, even if the DCL website has them listed as the same sq ft. as others. It's due to the diagram you posted, the curvature of the ship and essentially they are "longer". Our extra space in 2504 was next to the bed and going toward the sofa bed and I'd estimate it was at least 1-2 feet extra space. I put both laundry netted baskets there, side by side, and still had plenty of room. The same would be true at the opposite end of the bed - more space leading up to the desk.

Thanks,
Heather
Interesting to know. We have booked 2504 for a future cruise.

I’m having trouble finding what your trying to show me.
What do I need to click on to see the difference?
Sorry, pull up deck 2 plans.(grey box, right side) There are green stars by a couple rooms.
If you click on the green stars, it says cabin 2516 and forward. These cabins will be slightly larger than other ocean view in this category.
Doesn’t give square feet or say how much larger. No idea how to post a pic

Interesting to know. We have booked 2504 for a future cruise.
Enjoy! We've actually had it for the Mediterranean on the Disney Magic and also for Alaska on the Disney Wonder. The porthole window is also slightly tilted downwards. Also where the window ledge where the porthole is, it's big enough to store things there too.

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter