• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VB and SSR trip combined ?

buttrflyksses

You can still be like your dreams...tonight and ev
We are considering a trip next summer that would include stays at both VB and SSR. Has anyone else done this (or a combined trip with VB and any other DVC resort for that matter) and if so which one did you do first? Is is better to do SSR first and then just go and relax at VB last. I don't mean to say that we don't relax at SSR, but with 2 DD's we tend to be on the go alot while we are there.

We just did this the last week of June. We were at SSR first and then VB. Both places we were we planned on relaxing and enjoying the resort. I would suggest if you will be going to the parks while at SSR to go there first. Then enjoy relaxing at Vero.

and they will be staying at SSR in a 2 bdr for 4 nights and then VB for 2 nights. They are really looking forward to it.
I would think with little ones, all the running around the parks, and then VB which is considerably slower paced. Your kids may not be as anxious to see Mickey if you do SSR first and then VB.

It probably makes more sense to do the WDW portion first so you can end the trip on a wonderfully relaxing note. However, I've got in mind an October 2006 trip that would have me visiting Vero beach first.

Have a great time. I've stayed at Vero Beach, and it's wonderful. I've not stayed at SSR, though I'm looking forward to checking it out when I stay at BWV in February. (I'm a relatively new DVC member. I'm only going to be at WDW for three days in February, but I'm planning on spending the better part of a day checking out all of the WDW DVC resorts.)

This summer we spent 4 nights at VB and then went to BWV for 2 nights. We flew into Orlando so it made sense to be close to the airport for our return home. VB was great but after four nights we were ready to hit WDW. Honestly I think either way is great.

We just did 3 nights at BWV and 2 nights at VB, and in May we also did BCV for 2 nights and 3 at VB. We like doing it that way, but I'll try it the other way too eventually!

Bobbi :flower:

Having done a combination of BCV and Vero many times, put me in the camp of prefering the WDW resort and running around first, and relaxing vero second to rest, relax and help close out the trip before going back to the grind. Personally, I think its a great combination.

Last April we did 3 nights in a Vero Beach Cottage and then 6 at OKW. We loved it. We were travelling with two other families and the kids had never met each other before. Since we stayed in the cottage first it got them all acquainted really quickly and worked very well! Had we stayed in the OKW studios (3 of them) the kids would probably not have bonded as quickly.

The drive from Vero to Orlando is not long. We would certainly suggest combining resorts to anyone. It makes you feel like you've had two vacations!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think we will end up doing SSR first and then VB.

We did the opposite, 3 nights at VB and on to BWV. That workrf better for us. By the time we were done relaxing at VB, we were ready to end the vacation with Mickey. Kids might prefer that better. Depending on the age and experience of your kids, they might not understand that just because it says Disney Vacation Club doesn't mean you can take a bus to the MK. Our son was not amused to see that there wasn't a pard in VB, he was bored.

While the idea of relaxing at Vero makes sense, in reality I found a problem. When you are at WDW, you are on overload -- lots to do, constant entertainment, too many restaurants to decide where to eat.

The beauty of Vero is much more subtle. But, going from 100 mph to a leisurely 25 mph detracted from Vero -- seemed a little boring. I find if I start my vacation there, I really appreciate all that it has to offer and I'm excited to think that I've still got time at WDW to look forward to. I truly love Vero -- I just seem to enjoy it more when I spend time there first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter