• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VB Studio Confusion?

chickie

DIS Veteran
I spoke with MS today to check availability at VB for Nov. I asked for an Inn Room, Ocean View. The CM immediately said that these are the studios. I know they cost the same amount of points per night, but doesn't the Inn Room have 2 queen beds, while the studio would have a bed and pull-out?
I'm just a little confused, but I didn't really think about it until I was off the phone with MS.
Can anyone clarify? We'd actually like to have the 2 beds, rather than the pull-out. This would be our first trip to VB, so I really have no idea what to expect. :confused3
Thanks!

All the Inn rooms, except for 2 King Units, have 2 Queen beds. The studios, have Queen bed and a sofa bed. The studios have at best a poor ocean view if any view at all.

You are correct in saying the studios at VB have a pull out sofa and a Queen Bed. They are in the side buildings. The OV and GV rooms in the inn mostly have the 2 Q's although there are some with a King bed.

Thanks, guys.
I'll make sure to specify what I want when I actually make the reservations. Either she wasn't sure there was a difference or she didn't understand my request.
Anyway, I can't wait to get there in November!!!!

I just stayed at VB. I had a INN Room Ocean View and it had 2 Queen Beds. Our balcony was large and was Oceanfront. I believe it was Rm 4211.

Have a great.

They are separate booking categories. One for ocean view, one for standard view Inn Rooms and one for a studio.

Perhaps the CM wanted to call the OVIR a "studio" because it has the same kitchenette area? :confused3

I am not sure why the CM told you this, but the Ocean View Inn Room (OVIR) is in the main building and as the name suggests, has a direct view of the ocean. The Studio on the other hand is located in one of the villa buildings and most likely does not have any ocean view at all. All but 2 of the OVIR rooms have 2 Q-beds, the other 2 have a king/sleeper sofa arrangement.

I am not sure about the studio furniture arrangement, as we have never stayed in one.

Be aware, though, that the OV Inn rooms can face either north or south, not east (ocean). I'm not sure how good these views are, especially on the second floor.

I do have a question, from looking at the outside of the building, possibly 2 rooms on the second floor don't have a balcony?

Be aware, though, that the OV Inn rooms can face either north or south, not east (ocean). I'm not sure how good these views are, especially on the second floor.

I do have a question, from looking at the outside of the building, possibly 2 rooms on the second floor don't have a balcony?

Indeed... we have made sure we get (and have waited for) the Ocean FACING room. Don't know about the 2nd floor balconies... I think we have always stayed on the 3rd or 4th floors. Never had one of the 4th floor king bed rooms though. Didn't know about them until this year.

I remembering looking at the Inn wondering that same thing. Where are you seeing these rooms? On the end over Shutters it may be that Shutters takes up two floors. I wasn't sure what was happening on the other side. I asked at the desk if I could look at a floor map but apparently it is top secret - for CM eyes only!!:lmao: I couldn't believe they wouldn't let me just look at a room map! They did say all rooms have a balcony.

If anyone stays in the Inn on the 2nd or 3rd floor (I have the 4th), take a pic of the room map on the back of the door and post it. Curious minds want to know.

I remembering looking at the Inn wondering that same thing. Where are you seeing these rooms? On the end over Shutters it may be that Shutters takes up two floors. I wasn't sure what was happening on the other side. I asked at the desk if I could look at a floor map but apparently it is top secret - for CM eyes only!!:lmao: I couldn't believe they wouldn't let me just look at a room map! They did say all rooms have a balcony.

If anyone stays in the Inn on the 2nd or 3rd floor (I have the 4th), take a pic of the room map on the back of the door and post it. Curious minds want to know.

I just walked down the hallway to the room over Shutters (yes, that is what I was seeing). Where I think the door for that room should be, there is a Cast Members Only door. 2216 to the left of it.

On the opposite end of the building (I guess the mirror to that), I think there were 3 doors. From the outside of the building, the lights were on the other night, I couldn't figure out if it was one room or two (if one room, it would have a balcony facing north).

When I get home, I'll try to look at my pics and match up the room numbers - I wrote some of them down. I can post those when I get a chance, too, if there is any interest.

Since I brought it up...
If anyone is interested, here is the floorplan for the 4th floor....

48ge9n9.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter