Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Plasticletters, May 24, 2010.

1. yallli

yallli Earning My Ears

Helpful! Thanks. I think we will be fine here. It’s a great use of a CS. I have 3 boys and they eat SO much :)

2. dk413

dk413 Earning My Ears

I am SO glad to have found this thread. We’re going to Disney in March with my two year old son who has a severe egg allergy (already been epi-penned twice) and this thread has helped to quell some of my anxiety. Sounds like they have a lot of excellent vegan options, even for breakfast! :banana: Will definitely be reading through the previous one millions pages for reviews/options, but in the meantime, if anyone wants to recommend egg-free kid-friendly breakfasts in the parks, I’m all ears! Thanks in advance!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Smoosh

Smoosh Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if California Grill and Flying Fish still have their "secret" vegetarian menus?

5. porschegrl

porschegrl DIS Veteran

I can confirm that California Grill still had the "Vegetarian Unplugged" menu when I went a month ago. So good! :love:

mombrontrent likes this.
  6. Smoosh

Smoosh Earning My Ears

Yay! I'm trying to decide between the two for a meal on our last night. I think CG is winning, the unplugged menu looks amazing!

7. Cornish Lad

Cornish Lad Mouseketeer

Very impressed by Tusker House in AK. My wife is a lifelong vegetarian and when we mentioned this at Tusker House the CM on the check-in produced a complete list of the vegetarian/vegan and allergy options available there. Other places where she enjoyed a great selection of vegetarian options were the Boma and Cape May buffets and also good responses from CMs and Chefs at Garden Grill and California Grill.

dclpluto and roxiepenguin like this.
  8. roxiepenguin

roxiepenguin Mouseketeer

Great to hear about TH, have been wanting to try that for a while and snagged a reservation for this next trip! We've had mixed experiences at Boma; loved, loved, LOVED it on our first trip--TONS of options and huge variety. But our last trip there was disappointing. It seemed they'd nixed a portion of the buffet that had offered many veggie options to put up a run-of-the-mill pasta bar that included mac n' cheese and chicken nuggets.

9. roxiepenguin

roxiepenguin Mouseketeer

Thank you!!! We've been wanting to try this one for some time now but didn't want to book it based off of the menu!

10. Rach3975

Rach3975 Mouseketeer

Great to know, thanks! We have a reservation at TH next month, so I'll make sure to ask for that list.

11. Mome Rath

Mome Rath 3 Decade Disney Traveller

Just FYI, Vegan Disney World shared a post on FB that said you can now get the strawberry sauce made vegan with the vegan tonga toast at Kona Cafe for brekkie.

12. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

What makes the strawberry sauce not vegan? Is there dairy?

13. Mome Rath

That's what I've read for the regular strawberry compote. Now apparently they can make it without.

14. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

That's great! I've only had it at the QS, and I don't think they have the sauce there.

Mome Rath likes this.
  15. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

Is there somewhere I can read the "vegetarian unplugged" menu, or is it one of those things that isn't written down anywhere?

16. Mome Rath

Try here; California Grill Vegan Unplugged

Rach3975 likes this.
  17. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

Mome Rath likes this.
  18. disneyworldsk

disneyworldsk Mouseketeer

Just got back. Ate the mk casey's hot dog vegan and the mk friar's nook hot dog vegan. we liked casey's better. Both were great.

Chaitali and LongLiveRafiki like this.
  19. ljcrochet

ljcrochet DIS Veteran

anyone ever try Mickey's backyard BBQ? DH is thinking about trying it before it closes since we never have been. I'm just trying to figure out if they would have anything other than mac and cheese for vegetarians

20. isabellea

isabellea Combining beach and Disney!

What is your favourite vegan dessert at WDW? Can be at a park or a resort...

21. Cassbrooks2010

Cassbrooks2010 Earning My Ears

Just trying to get the word out: just ate at Be Our Guest where apparently French onion soup is no longer vegetarian :-(. According to our server it is now made with beef broth! He said it was new - about a month ago.