Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Hooray for the return of the Lighthouse Sandwich! I was so bummed when I heard it had been discontinued. Now, if only they'd bring back the vegetable pot pie at Liberty Tree Tavern...

Have you tried the revolutionary meatloaf at Liberty Tree Tavern?

Does Disney use Impossible burger or only Beyond? My vegetarian daughter is allergic to lentils and chickpeas which I am thinking is going to be an issue at WDW. She can eat Impossible burger but not Beyond due to the pea protein isolate.

Does Disney use Impossible burger or only Beyond? My vegetarian daughter is allergic to lentils and chickpeas which I am thinking is going to be an issue at WDW. She can eat Impossible burger but not Beyond due to the pea protein isolate.

Disney uses both. As of May, Captain Cooks at the Poly uses the Beyond as did Pecos Bill.I can't think offhand who uses the Impossible but the information is out there. 👍

Disney uses both. As of May, Captain Cooks at the Poly uses the Beyond as did Pecos Bill.I can't think offhand who uses the Impossible but the information is out there. 👍
I just emailed special dining to find out. My daughter is allergic to Beyond and has had to take benadryl after eating it due to wheezing and hives. I am hoping special dining will have some options!

Important things to keep in mind:

Beyond Burgers: "Peas are legumes. People with severe allergies to legumes like peanuts should be cautious when introducing pea protein into their diet because of the possibility of a pea allergy. Our products do not contain peanuts or tree nuts."

Impossible Burgers: "The Impossible Burger contains soy. It also contains coconut oil (The FDA classifies coconut as a tree nut for food labelling purposes, but refined coconut oil is not considered an allergen). Our product does not contain dairy, eggs, fish, peanuts, shellfish, or wheat, and it’s safe for those with alpha-gal syndrome. The Impossible Burger also contains potato protein. If you have an allergy to either raw or cooked potatoes, you should not consume the Impossible Burger."

Some ones our family loves (mix of vegan, vegetarian and omnis), 50s primetime, Tiffins, Skippers Canteen, Coral Reef, Chefs de France, Garden Grill (yummy vegan meatloaf), Sanaa, Trails End (chef TJ... but he's moved to Cape May), Whispering Canyon (yummy vegan skillet)
To be honest, I've personally never had a horrible meal at Disney. Some are ok to good, but never horrible. It can vary from day to day, server to server as to your experience. So just go wherever makes sense on your touring plan, and ENJOY!!!! Hope you have a great time.

Important things to keep in mind:

Beyond Burgers: "Peas are legumes. People with severe allergies to legumes like peanuts should be cautious when introducing pea protein into their diet because of the possibility of a pea allergy. Our products do not contain peanuts or tree nuts."

Impossible Burgers: "The Impossible Burger contains soy. It also contains coconut oil (The FDA classifies coconut as a tree nut for food labelling purposes, but refined coconut oil is not considered an allergen). Our product does not contain dairy, eggs, fish, peanuts, shellfish, or wheat, and it’s safe for those with alpha-gal syndrome. The Impossible Burger also contains potato protein. If you have an allergy to either raw or cooked potatoes, you should not consume the Impossible Burger."

Interestingly my daughter is not allergic to peas but still reacts to the beyond burger. She does have a severe allergy peanuts and lower level allergies to lentils and Chickpeas. I think the issue with Beyond is the concentration of the pea protein isolate which caused her to react with wheezing and hives.

I guess I am a rare breed here, but I absolutely LOVE the Beyond Burger and The Impossible Burger. To me, The Beyond doesn't taste like meat at all. I just love the flavor. The Impossible however does taste like meat. It freaked me out the first time I tried it because I thought it was real meat. I usually avoid vegetarian products that taste like meat, but for some odd reason, I love it! I have heard The Impossible has been recalled and won't be around for awhile in California at least. I'm not sure about other areas.

I guess I am a rare breed here, but I absolutely LOVE the Beyond Burger and The Impossible Burger. To me, The Beyond doesn't taste like meat at all. I just love the flavor. The Impossible however does taste like meat. It freaked me out the first time I tried it because I thought it was real meat. I usually avoid vegetarian products that taste like meat, but for some odd reason, I love it! I have heard The Impossible has been recalled and won't be around for awhile in California at least. I'm not sure about other areas.
I agree with you. I like these products too.

I guess I am a rare breed here, but I absolutely LOVE the Beyond Burger and The Impossible Burger.
You're not. Online discussions are notoriously poor indicators of actual preferences. If you want to see where things are going with these burgers, check out their sales revenues comparisons this year to last year.

To me, The Beyond doesn't taste like meat at all. I just love the flavor. The Impossible however does taste like meat.
We just had our first Beyond Burger 2.0. It's even better than 1.0, and it brings the two much closer together in terms of taste I feel. Does either of them taste like meat? Does a hamburger taste like a steak? It never did, to me. I gave up steaks, roasts and such long before I gave up burgers. Burgers didn't taste like meat; they tasted like burgers. I only gave up burgers for ethical reasons, not because the taste disgusted me as was the case with steaks, roasts and such.

You're not. Online discussions are notoriously poor indicators of actual preferences. If you want to see where things are going with these burgers, check out their sales revenues comparisons this year to last year.

We just had our first Beyond Burger 2.0. It's even better than 1.0, and it brings the two much closer together in terms of taste I feel. Does either of them taste like meat? Does a hamburger taste like a steak? It never did, to me. I gave up steaks, roasts and such long before I gave up burgers. Burgers didn't taste like meat; they tasted like burgers. I only gave up burgers for ethical reasons, not because the taste disgusted me as was the case with steaks, roasts and such.
That's awesome to hear!!! Thank you for sharing! I agree!

Hey all,

Does anyone know where Chef TJ will be next week? I had Trails End booked but then I heard he moved. Has anyone had a meal by him recently?

Thanks!

Hey all,

Does anyone know where Chef TJ will be next week? I had Trails End booked but then I heard he moved. Has anyone had a meal by him recently?

Thanks!

I am interested, as well.. Reading this thread, I heard he was moving, but then there were a few posts that made it sound as if he was moving back...?

Hey all,

Thanks!
He was back at Trails End for a short while and now he will be working at Cape May Cafe. I believe the last I read was that he's still 'in training' there.

Nomad Lounge used to have Impossible Sliders, so I do know there was some on property. Even if you get info from websites or Disney, always ask at the actual restaurant because I know they have subbed in one for another when there has been a shortage of one.

Has anyone successfully eaten vegan on the dining plan? All the restaurants I've booked have a vegan entrée, but no desserts. Will they always provide enjoy life cookies or similar, or be able to swap for an appetiser?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter