Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

You are not alone. Disney has excluded an entire group of people when they added the new plant based items. I think it’s great that they have quite a few options for vegans who are willing to eat “meaty” food but I sure wish they would have had a pt least 1 non meaty vegetarian option at each restaurant/booth too.
If you are staying off property, I highly recommend sweet tomatoes over by Disney Springs. It is a buffet that had an awesome salad bar and quiet a few vegetarian soups. It was a total life saver on our last trip in September.

Oh I didn't know there was one there too - that is great to know - we went a few times last trip to the one next to the Target just past Windsor Hills. DH (semi-vegetarian) and DS (definitely not vegetarian) both really like it too and and have actually both requested that be put on the restaurant list for our trip in February. Also looking forward to some tex-mex as I find restaurants like that (Chuy's, Chevy's) really easy to accomodate all our preferences (and at half or less of the cost of table service at WDW). I think Disney has definitely missed the boat on this one although I absolutely think it is great that Vegans have more options. But there are a lot of people in the middle or like me who just don't like meat (taste/texture/everything) but #eatallthedairy because well, dairy farmer over here. Will definitely be scouring the menus while I am at WDW and hoping maybe some of the festival food booths will have options because we overlap the end of Festival of the Arts and beginning of Flower and Garden. The France pavilion has an awesome looking bread bowl with melted brie in in that while I think is super small, looks delicious.

Oh I didn't know there was one there too - that is great to know - we went a few times last trip to the one next to the Target just past Windsor Hills. DH (semi-vegetarian) and DS (definitely not vegetarian) both really like it too and and have actually both requested that be put on the restaurant list for our trip in February. Also looking forward to some tex-mex as I find restaurants like that (Chuy's, Chevy's) really easy to accomodate all our preferences (and at half or less of the cost of table service at WDW). I think Disney has definitely missed the boat on this one although I absolutely think it is great that Vegans have more options. But there are a lot of people in the middle or like me who just don't like meat (taste/texture/everything) but #eatallthedairy because well, dairy farmer over here. Will definitely be scouring the menus while I am at WDW and hoping maybe some of the festival food booths will have options because we overlap the end of Festival of the Arts and beginning of Flower and Garden. The France pavilion has an awesome looking bread bowl with melted brie in in that while I think is super small, looks delicious.
Yup. It in the Crossroads plaza. Sorry, my sense of direction has a lot to be desired so I’m not sure which one is closer but it is only a $10+tip uber ride from the beach club. We only discovered it a few years ago and it has been a staple in our Disney trips. my boyfriend does eat meat but loves it too. I think it’s just one of those places that pleases everyone. Good luck with the rest of your planning.

Just got back from 6 days at DW and happy to say as a Vegan I did not starve and the food was great!
Stand out was the Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu bowl at Satu’li Canteen in the Pandora area of AK, it was delicious! There were options pretty much everywhere! Already planning my next trip

Just got back from 6 days at DW and happy to say as a Vegan I did not starve and the food was great!
Stand out was the Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu bowl at Satu’li Canteen in the Pandora area of AK, it was delicious! There were options pretty much everywhere! Already planning my next trip

Thanks for reporting back! Planning my first trip in a long, long time and I'm impressed by all of the improved food options.

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan (yet), but I had my gallbladder out last month and cutting out the meat makes my digestive system much happier! I have to watch the fried foods, too, but that tofu bowl at Satu'li Canteen sure looks delicious.

Does anyone have any info on the OHANA Plant Based Dinner Skillet? Can’t find detailed info or pics.

I’m excited for more PB options but less than thrilled of lack of real food Disney has latched on to.

Ty!

Does anyone have any info on the OHANA Plant Based Dinner Skillet? Can’t find detailed info or pics.

I’m excited for more PB options but less than thrilled of lack of real food Disney has latched on to.

Ty!

*These are not my pics and I have not eaten there since the new skillet became available. I'm just sharing info.

To start, they bring our allergy rolls and vegan butter. For apps, they provide crispy chips and hummus/babagannoush dip. Then the skillet includes noodles, veggies, gardein "chicken," beyond "sausage," and jackfruit. For dessert, they offer a donut with vegan ice cream and chocolate sauce.

Screenshot_20200113-062601~2.pngScreenshot_20200113-062658~2.pngScreenshot_20200113-062707~2.pngScreenshot_20200113-062717~2.png

I loved the new meal at Ohana however I seem to be the only one who disliked the tofu at Satu’li Canteen. The
Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden Spread at Docking Bay 7 was also one of my favorites.

I loved the new meal at Ohana however I seem to be the only one who disliked the tofu at Satu’li Canteen. The
Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden Spread at Docking Bay 7 was also one of my favorites.

I wasn't a fan of the tofu at Satu'li either. It was pretty dry and flavorless and since onions don't agree with me, I couldn't get sauce which I'm sure contributed to the whole meal seeming really dry.

I wasn't a fan of the tofu at Satu'li either. It was pretty dry and flavorless and since onions don't agree with me, I couldn't get sauce which I'm sure contributed to the whole meal seeming really dry.

I thought as well it was dry and fairly flavorless. I had much higher expectations. I am happy though that every time I go to Disney there are far more veg dishes to choose from and i can just get my favorites.

You are not alone. Disney has excluded an entire group of people when they added the new plant based items. I think it’s great that they have quite a few options for vegans who are willing to eat “meaty” food but I sure wish they would have had a pt least 1 non meaty vegetarian option at each restaurant/booth too.
If you are staying off property, I highly recommend sweet tomatoes over by Disney Springs. It is a buffet that had an awesome salad bar and quiet a few vegetarian soups. It was a total life saver on our last trip in September.

I completely agree with this. I stopped eating meat because I don't like the taste or texture, so I definitely don't want to eat "fake meat". I think it's great that Disney has added so many plant based meals, but I wish each restaurant with a vegan option also had a vegetarian option. I don't like to ask for a lot of adjustments to menu items because I hate feeling "high maintenance". For the record, I really enjoyed the Stroll through Nature at Artist Point (gnocchi) and I ordered the kids' appetizer there. I also liked my meal at 50's Prime Time- the fried Boursin.

A few vegan dining reviews at some Disney signature restaurants from our recent trip(s):

[Rating system is star-based, with plusses and minuses in the same way there are A- and A+s below and above straight A's]

***** Jiko Dinner (Dinner twice in the past ~10 weeks):
The coki corn is perhaps our group's favorite vegan dish in all of WDW so far. We absolutely love it, and the non-vegans who have tried it have also thought highly of it. African Drum Beets dessert is also quite good, as is the plant-based salad that they seem to vary up seasonally. Overall, this has been our favorite vegan dining option in WDW so far.

****+ Topolino's Terrace (Dinner):
Dinner here was enjoyable - if you are a vegan who eats bivalves such as scallops or clams, they did a nice substitution on the scampi dish (and held the bottarga), and holding the cheese on the Bucatini also was a very solid vegan dish. The Fruits of the Forest dessert was not only the best vegan dessert we have had at Disney World, but one of the best desserts period. It is delicious - highly recommended. Marinated olives are also very nice (and a larger quantity than we expected), and the olive oils they serve with vegan-friendly bread were also very good.

*** California Grill (Dinner):
The choose-4 vegan menu here was disappointing, partially because since this menu provided us the highest number of choices we expected to be more pleased by it, but maybe we just chose the "wrong" items. For the record, we thought the forbidden sushi was pretty good, that the truffled mushroom pasta was okay but a bit underwhelming, that the pear salad was yummy but a laughably small portion, and that the minestrone was not very good. This meal was saved by the fact that we eat bivalves and were thus able to have the chef accommodate us by bringing the zinfandel sauce to accompany the scallop dish (with a side of potatoes and carrots), but since this probably does not apply to most vegan eaters we did not factor it into our rating. The lavender doughnuts were okay as well.

*** Topolino's Terrace (Breakfast)
There is no pastry basket substitute like we have received at other similarly formatted Disney character breakfasts (like at Trattoria al Forno where they had a variety of Erin McKenna baked goods). Here all they could offer was epi-bread with some strawberry jam as a substitute, which was disappointing by comparison and at this price point. Also, the Just Egg planted-based mushroom omelette was okay but a bit underwhelming - not a lot of flavor and only tiny little pieces of finely diced mushroom in the omelette.

Let me know if anyone has questions about these experiences!

So here's my thing. I've been vegetarian for more than 20 years. I don't like the taste, texture, idea of meat and certainly not the processing of it. By meat, I mean beef, chicken, shrimp, scallops, crawfish, none of it. I do eat dairy. I purchase eggs that are organic and free range, organic milk (but use mostly almond or other nut milks) and organic cheese. What I want to eat is clean food. No meat, for reasons stated, but DAMN. Why can't I get a veggie burger (Dr. Praeger's, etc) at WDW anymore? A true sandwich made of vegetables. They used to have a delicious roasted veg sandwich at Pizzafari in AK. Artist Point at WL had a delicious vegetable entree. There were many more. Not anymore.

Yay for everyone who is excited about the Beyond Impossible Meat Fake-Plant-Based-BS-Looks Like Blood crap food they're shoving on us, but.. that fake meat is created in a laboratory y'all. Eating that product that tastes so meaty is no better than eating a Slim Jim or Chicken McNuggets. I hear a lot of people doing the vegan thing to avoid red meat with hopes of losing weight, but is that even real? What I do know is those "delicious plant based burgers" contain more chemicals than any normal human is interested in consuming. Vegetarians visiting WDW are begging - PLEASE bring back food made from vegetables, not chemicals.

So here's my thing. I've been vegetarian for more than 20 years. I don't like the taste, texture, idea of meat and certainly not the processing of it. By meat, I mean beef, chicken, shrimp, scallops, crawfish, none of it. I do eat dairy. I purchase eggs that are organic and free range, organic milk (but use mostly almond or other nut milks) and organic cheese. What I want to eat is clean food. No meat, for reasons stated, but DAMN. Why can't I get a veggie burger (Dr. Praeger's, etc) at WDW anymore? A true sandwich made of vegetables. They used to have a delicious roasted veg sandwich at Pizzafari in AK. Artist Point at WL had a delicious vegetable entree. There were many more. Not anymore.

Yay for everyone who is excited about the Beyond Impossible Meat Fake-Plant-Based-BS-Looks Like Blood crap food they're shoving on us, but.. that fake meat is created in a laboratory y'all. Eating that product that tastes so meaty is no better than eating a Slim Jim or Chicken McNuggets. I hear a lot of people doing the vegan thing to avoid red meat with hopes of losing weight, but is that even real? What I do know is those "delicious plant based burgers" contain more chemicals than any normal human is interested in consuming. Vegetarians visiting WDW are begging - PLEASE bring back food made from vegetables, not chemicals.
My biggest issue with the non-veggie fake meat is that I’ve been veggie for so long that I truly can’t tell anymore on my own whether or not these ‘meats’ are actually fake. I live in mild dread of someone ‘messing up’ and giving me actual meat instead. At least with actual veggie patties you can easily tell the difference!

My biggest issue with the non-veggie fake meat is that I’ve been veggie for so long that I truly can’t tell anymore on my own whether or not these ‘meats’ are actually fake. I live in mild dread of someone ‘messing up’ and giving me actual meat instead. At least with actual veggie patties you can easily tell the difference!
The first time I had an impossible burger (which was on property) I freaked cause it didn’t look like their old veggie burger then called an employee over then took a bite and called them over again then just ate the bun and fries for lunch out of paranoia

I wouldn't even call myself a vegetarian at this point, but I am moving that way for lots of reasons, mostly for my health and secondly for the environment. I applaud the expanded options Disney is rolling out and am impressed with their efforts. Even though I'm still an omnivore, I've never liked hamburgers (even as a child) and can't take a strong stand on that particular hill. Anyone who prefers vegetables over meat has a myriad of options and those making the transition from omnivore to vegetarian probably appreciate the plant-based "tastes like meat" options more than the long-term vegetarians or vegans.

I compare it to my sobriety. At only 14 months sober, I really, really love mocktails and NA beers, but I can imagine that many years from now when I (hopefully) have more time between me and my former heavy drinking self, I'll feel less deprivation at just drinking water or soda.

Same! I actually sent my "veggie burger" at Geyser Point BACK because I thought they screwed up and gave me meat. It looked like blood! Poor waiter. He just took it and listened to me ***** then sent the chef to our table. I felt terrible, but the chef was great and said he didn't like it that they're switching to that Beyond Meat or whatever it's called either. He told me they make it look bloody with beet juice. WHHHHYYYYYYYY????? (I gave the waiter a huge tip and apologized profusely).

I'm not going to do a full dining review but I'll do a brief review on behalf of my vegetarian 8 year-old. We went to WDW the week before Christmas and stayed at Wilderness Lodge. He's vegetarian but not vegan and is a fan of some fake meats like Impossible burgers and tofurkey sausages, but also likes straight up tofu and cooked veggies.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - The kid's skillet - we asked if he could have a smaller version of the plant-based option and they were happy to oblige. He was so distracted by the fun antics that he didn't eat everything, and he did slather everything with ketchup. I thought the beefless tips and sausage were pretty good. Overall, he gave the meal a thumbs up.

Docking Bay 7 - He got the Felucian Kefta with Garden Hummus. He devoured this meal. I got one little taste and that was it. He cleaned his plate.

Be Our Guest Breakfast - Quiche with fruit. This was made with real eggs. He usually prefers egg whites but that option comes with real meat sausage, and I didn't think he would like the fake eggs in the only plant-based entree. He loved this so much there were just crumbs left on his plate.

Geyser Point Bar and Girl - Beyond Burger. He cleaned his plate here too, but he's a big fan of meatless burgers that masquerade as the real thing.

Cantina de San Angel - Empanadas con Queso. I mean, they're fried dough with cheese. They were fine. He ate maybe half of them. The only other vegetarian option was a salad.

Chefs de France - There is no vegetarian option on the kids menu so we asked if he could have the macaroni and cheese gratin in a smaller portion and they said yes. He barely touched it, and his brother similarly didn't like his version with ham.

Liberty Tree Tavern - Revolutionary Meatloaf. This is made with Impossible grind. He liked it but didn't love it.

Satuli Canteen - Tofu Bowl over noodles with cream sauce - it wasn't dry at all. He loved this and ate every bite.

Storybook Dining - He got the kid's vegetarian steamed buns and really liked them, and also enjoyed the mushroom bisque appetizer that came with the adult meals along with the crudité that came with the kids meal.

For our next trip, we will definitely repeat Docking Bay 7 and Satuli Canteen, and perhaps Geyser Point and Storybook Dining at Artist Point if staying at WL again. The rest I would skip, even though the steaks and desserts at Chefs de France were the best that we omnivores had.

Can anyone suggest good restaurants for vegetarians if staying at the Beach/Yacht club? I'm considering those resorts for our next stay to be close to Epcot/HS, but the options seem limited unless you go into Epcot itself.

Hi Folks!
Has anyone had dinner at the Wave recently?
I’m looking at the

Cauliflower Tacos (Roasted Cauliflower, Cabbage Slaw, Salsa Verde)

And

Tikka Masala
Jasmine Rice, Oven-roasted Cauliflower, Coconut, Yellow Curry

Anyone knows if these items are
Vegan? Seems these are the only possible options

After more research, it appears both these items are Vegan. Anyone tried either of these menu items at the
Wave?

Thanks!☺️

Last edited:
It’s like Disney doesn’t understand that there are people who don’t eat meat but DO eat cheese and egg.

Or that people who don't eat meat might not want to eat items made to look, feel, and taste as close to meat as possible.

Plus, going back to those who eat egg & cheese, because nothing is marked vegetarian, people who *are* vegetarian (but not vegan), basically have to either wait and ask or guess and hope about any items on the menu that don't mention meat, but that also don't say "plant-based".

My son, for instance, doesn't eat lard or gelatin, but does eat eggs & milk, so he knows there are a lot more sweet desserts and treats that he can eat than the for the vegans in our household, but he has to ask about every darn thing (Unless we're at Erin McKenna's of course.) because to look at the items there's no way to know if they are vegetarian or not.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!