Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

DisLiss

DIS Veteran
I like having vegetarian and vegan together. I’m vegetarian but often eat vegan too. A lot of the new plant based dishes are vegan and I wouldn’t want to miss that discussion. And this thread isn’t super active. I’m worried that if we split it up there would be less activity on both threads.
I think the last two lines (That I bolded and underlined when I quoted them here. They were not bold or underlined originally.) are quite valid concerns.
Plus, as a household that has both vegetarians and vegans, it's also a personal plus for me to find all of that info in the same thread. Not to mention that Disney seems to be lumping us all together these days, anyway. ;)

DisLiss

DIS Veteran
Been looking at some menus to make sure I have ideas in each park and disheartened by the rash of Impossible Burgers/sausages everywhere.
I hear you. Even as a little kid, when I did eat meat, I didn't like sausage type meats, so the bratwursts and sausages everywhere are not something that I personally like.

I'd love to see Disney offer more meals that are vegan by nature--no need to use "fake" versions of anything to make them that way. More grain or tofu driven dishes or bowls, for example. :)

TW22

Earning My Ears
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know whether the hashbrown casserole at Akershus is vegetarian?

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know whether the hashbrown casserole at Akershus is vegetarian?
If you're referring to the potato casserole, it is vegetarian. I always worry that they're slipping in some bacon or chicken broth or something but I got the actual recipe and it has no meat. It's not vegan, but def vegetarian. It's delicious, btw. And the princesses are so precious at that breakfast. Have fun!princess:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Disney World Restaurant Menus Disney World Rehabs and Closings

DINING SHOW

THEME PARK MAPS

DIS PODCASTS