Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Took a bit of digging to find this thread!

How is 1900 Park Fare dinner for vegetarian options, especially kid-friendly ones? My family is headed back to the World at the end of this summer and we tend to do well with the buffets but 1900 PF dinner would be a new one for us. (As a frame of reference, we've enjoyed lunch at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Hollywood & Vine in the past. If the offerings at 1900 are similar to any of those, we'll be fine.)

we had dinner there 5 years ago, so it's been a while, but it was very good..
we told the waitress that DD's a vegetarian and the chef came out to speak with her to find out what she eats...
he prepared her a vegan feast the likes of which i've never seen at a restaurant at WDW...
but that was the famous chef TJ....i don't think he's at 1900 park fare anymore, but i would think it still shouldn't be a problem...
tell the waitress you need to know what's vegetarian, especially for the kids......

we're going back there for dinner again this summer....
i'll try to come back in to here to write about how it works out...(also at the other places we'll be at)

Reactions: Ava
We would like to go to Teppan Edo with my DS8, who is a vegetarian. He also has various sensory issues and meat really bothers him, particularly the idea of cross-contamination. Has anyone tried the tofu appetizer? Is it possible to have it prepared not on the grill in front of him but in a kitchen in the back? I am trying to think if this is even possible with him (we will discuss it), but I know he will be upset if the same tools are used or any meat gets by his food.

in my experience, teppan edo is not a good choice for vegetarians, especially if they're particularly sensitive...
i'd pick a different restaurant if i were you..

We would like to go to Teppan Edo with my DS8, who is a vegetarian. He also has various sensory issues and meat really bothers him, particularly the idea of cross-contamination. Has anyone tried the tofu appetizer? Is it possible to have it prepared not on the grill in front of him but in a kitchen in the back? I am trying to think if this is even possible with him (we will discuss it), but I know he will be upset if the same tools are used or any meat gets by his food.

Teppan Edo wasn't a good choice for us as vegetarians. It was a wonderful experience, we had a great time, the chef made vegetables specially for us in a really entertaining way, however we left the restaurant hungry...we didn't get much food compared to the other guests and haven't returned since. This is not a restaurant I'd recommend to a vegetarian, especially someone who doesn't like seeing meat being prepared and with so many great options in WDW.

We have never tried the buffet at PF, I know people rave about the strawberry soup which I'm guessing would be vegetarian. My teen is a vegan now and Tusker House was a great buffet for her last year. We're heading back in August this year and I'm wondering if anyone has any recent vegan dining experiences to share. Last year she loved Coral Reefs Gardein Chicken entree but they switched it to the fake crab cakes now which doesn't thrill her. I'm also wondering about the upscale dining, last year we did California Grill and they gave her a vegan sampler. However this year she is wondering about other places and not many of them have anything that looks vegan listed on their menus.

We liked the Wave (not signature but still good) and Jiko as far as upscale dining. My mom is vegan and they had a separate vegan menu at both.

I just changed our August trip to CR so maybe we'll give the Wave another try. The last time we went there we weren't thrilled but my daughter wasn't a vegan yet. I love Jiko we ate there when we stayed at AKL, I hate using disney transportation to get there though so maybe we'll break down and use the car to go. We're weird, we drive down but we hate driving while at WDW. I also saw on the vegan at WDW website that they loved the vegan pho with srping rolls option at HBD which is a restaurant that we have never tried.

Last year she loved Coral Reefs Gardein Chicken entree but they switched it to the fake crab cakes now which doesn't thrill her.

Interesting, this is the first I've seen that they changed this up. I like fake crab cakes, but I wonder if the aioli is vegan?

I just changed our August trip to CR so maybe we'll give the Wave another try. The last time we went there we weren't thrilled but my daughter wasn't a vegan yet. I love Jiko we ate there when we stayed at AKL, I hate using disney transportation to get there though so maybe we'll break down and use the car to go. We're weird, we drive down but we hate driving while at WDW. I also saw on the vegan at WDW website that they loved the vegan pho with srping rolls option at HBD which is a restaurant that we have never tried.
They had a different vegan dish the last time I was at HBD but it was really good! I would think they probably do vegan well. And that Vegan at WDW site has a good write up on Disney Springs with lots of suggestions in the comments too. Morimoto's or Frontera Cocina may be good options for signature type restaurants with vegan options.
https://vegandisneyworld.com/vegan-options/disney-springs/

Interesting, this is the first I've seen that they changed this up. I like fake crab cakes, but I wonder if the aioli is vegan?

I was wondering about that aioli too but my DD just told me that she won't eat fake crab cakes so we won't be going to CR this year unless the menu changes again. I wish another restaurant would add a gardein chicken entree, my vegan isn't a huge veggie lover she is more in to tofu or fake meat. She also just vetoed lunch at Belle's castle because she didn't like the vegan entree or the french onion soup. Maybe I will book a lunch for just myself there, I love the salad nicoise and the dessert.

Has anyone had root vegetable gnocchi at le cellier?
It reads like I should be ok with it.. But that doesn't always work out

I'm a most selective eater & i can't tolerate really rich/creamy foods-I like pasta with no sauce:rolleyes1

I just wanted to give a quick review of the places I ate at our recent trip to Disney World :) Weird choice for a vegetarian but my husband really wanted to try the polite pig. The good news is that they had a lot of vegetarian sides that I could make a meal of. I had the mac and cheese, the brussel sprouts, the broccoli salad, and we split the sweet potato tater tots. I thought the tater tots were only ok but everything else was really good.

We had the Sunday brunch at the California Grill and it was amazing. There was no veggie sushi but they made me some just for me when I asked about it. The salads and cheeses were delicious, as were the breads. I enjoyed the greek yogurt bar. They made me the frittata without chorizo and it was amazing. I stole a bite of my husband's pancakes and they were delicious too. The mimosas were bottomless and our server was great. We were stuffed and had to take the desserts home to eat later.

We had dinner at Frontera Grill Sunday and we both really enjoyed it. I had the enchilada and they made it with zucchini instead of chicken for me.

Lastly, we had lunch at the Skipper's Canteen. We split the cold noodle salad to start and then I had the vegetable curry as my entree. Both were really good. We were both impressed with the quality of the food here, especially for an in-park restaurant.

...We had the Sunday brunch at the California Grill and it was amazing. There was no veggie sushi but they made me some just for me when I asked about it. The salads and cheeses were delicious, as were the breads. I enjoyed the greek yogurt bar. They made me the frittata without chorizo and it was amazing. I stole a bite of my husband's pancakes and they were delicious too. The mimosas were bottomless and our server was great. We were stuffed and had to take the desserts home to eat later.

Glad to hear you enjoyed brunch at California Grill. We're going there in a few weeks and, based on other reviews/photos, I assumed there would be enough vegetarian options to get me properly stuffed, but I was hoping to hear from a fellow vegetarian. I'll have to remember to ask about the veggie sushi and frittata!

Absolutely enough to get a vegetarian very full :) I'm not sure there would be enough if someone was vegan though :( The deviled eggs had bacon on top and I'm assuming that they could make one without sprinkling bacon on top too but didn't ask since I was having eggs for my entree and figured I didn't need eggs with my appetizer too. That could be something to ask about as well if you want.

Wow!
I started this post seven years ago hoping it could help a few people out - I'm really glad it has!
I'm going full circle now, headed back to WDW for my first extended trip there since the original post - and when I searched for "vegan" this was the first comprehensive thread to come up!

Here's my question for anyone reading - what's the Chef TJ experience like at Trail's End? My wife and I love the man - but it really seems like a long trek to get out to him if you're not staying at the campground (we are not). I'd wager to say it's worth it either way, but if we're going to do it we want to make sure we arrange an ADR for a night he is there.

Let me know if any of you have the scoop!

Wow!
I started this post seven years ago hoping it could help a few people out - I'm really glad it has!
I'm going full circle now, headed back to WDW for my first extended trip there since the original post - and when I searched for "vegan" this was the first comprehensive thread to come up!

Here's my question for anyone reading - what's the Chef TJ experience like at Trail's End? My wife and I love the man - but it really seems like a long trek to get out to him if you're not staying at the campground (we are not). I'd wager to say it's worth it either way, but if we're going to do it we want to make sure we arrange an ADR for a night he is there.

Let me know if any of you have the scoop!

I've heard he does not work friday and saturday, so I have an adr for a monday near the end of august. If he's there, spectacular, if not, I'll make a salad from the buffet. I will definitely post and let everyone know about my experience if I do get lucky enough to have him there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter