Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I've read different reports on the Lighthouse sandwich at CHH; does it contain dairy via the slaw, or is it dairy free? If the slaw contains dairy do you sub lettuce?

Any information on a vegetarian option at the new Snow White character meal at Artist Point?
I looked at the official post from Disney and I don't see a vegetarian option.

Hi all,

Maybe this is old news, but last week during my trip I discovered that all four soups at Pop’s food court are not vegetarian, including the vegetable and the tomato. I had never heard of chicken broth in tomato soup before! In June, I was told the vegetable soup was vegetarian though and did eat it. I believe it was the same soup both times, unless someone knows otherwise.

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were happy to discover the falafel "burger" at Cosmic Ray's. Now, looking at some of the newer restaurants / newer menus, I'm getting excited that there's a lot more vegetarian options. Example: Sebastian's having Jerk Butternut Squash, Vegetable Curry, Plant-based Banh Mi. Disney's paying attention!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...-sebastians-bistro-at-caribbean-beach-resort/

My wife and I aren't strict vegetarians, especially when on vacation, but this is making me look forward to ADRs on our trip now.

I've read different reports on the Lighthouse sandwich at CHH; does it contain dairy via the slaw, or is it dairy free? If the slaw contains dairy do you sub lettuce?
The slaw contains dairy, or at least it used to. So I've always gotten the sandwich w/o the slaw. But you should ask when there. Perhaps they've changed it in its new incarnation.

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were happy to discover the falafel "burger" at Cosmic Ray's. Now, looking at some of the newer restaurants / newer menus, I'm getting excited that there's a lot more vegetarian options. Example: Sebastian's having Jerk Butternut Squash, Vegetable Curry, Plant-based Banh Mi. Disney's paying attention!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...-sebastians-bistro-at-caribbean-beach-resort/

My wife and I aren't strict vegetarians, especially when on vacation, but this is making me look forward to ADRs on our trip now.

They definitely are! It's exciting!

Question: Not a vegan but I wonder why meat free food (vegan) is often made to look like a meat object. Like they now have a Fishless Fish and Chips at the take out counter at Great Britain in Epcot. I have no idea what it is made of, but they made it look like real fish and chips.

I have always wondered the same thing. Why do they need to taste and a lot of times 'look' like meat/fish if the idea is not to have that food!! :confused3
I am not around any vegetarians - friends or relatives - so thankfully don't need to cook that way, even though I love loads of vegetables in a lot of my dishes.

I have always wondered the same thing. Why do they need to taste and a lot of times 'look' like meat/fish if the idea is not to have that food!! :confused3
I am not around any vegetarians - friends or relatives - so thankfully don't need to cook that way, even though I love loads of vegetables in a lot of my dishes.

I can only speak for myself, but I was always a big meat lover. I ate it for 45 years of my life with great relish. I loved the taste of fish and chips, burgers, etc! When I became vegan it wasn't because I didn't like the taste of those foods, it was because one day I woke up and I could no longer in good conscience support animal agriculture in all the misery and destruction it is causes. What a huge bonus that nowadays we can eat what tastes so much like fish and chips without worrying that we are decimating the oceans AND no fish (or "collateral" dolphins, sharks, turtles, etc) have to suffer or die to make it. Win-win! :fish:

Hi all,

Maybe this is old news, but last week during my trip I discovered that all four soups at Pop’s food court are not vegetarian, including the vegetable and the tomato. I had never heard of chicken broth in tomato soup before! In June, I was told the vegetable soup was vegetarian though and did eat it. I believe it was the same soup both times, unless someone knows otherwise.

Ugh I hate when places make soups with chicken broth that would otherwise be vegetarian. Not Disney, but it bothers me that Panera's broccoli cheddar soup isn't vegetarian when it would be so easy for them to just make it with vegetable broth instead.

Ugh I hate when places make soups with chicken broth that would otherwise be vegetarian. Not Disney, but it bothers me that Panera's broccoli cheddar soup isn't vegetarian when it would be so easy for them to just make it with vegetable broth instead.

That does seem kind of ridiculous. Like it isn’t hard enough for you guys to find things as it is.

I'm sure this has been asked... but I can't seem to find it. Just booked a BOG breakfast.

Can we ask for the breakfast sandwich with no meat? Same with the egg white omelet?

I think the answer yes? But not if we order ahead?

If we can't modify the dishes I think we need to cancel the reservation.

V

I don't *need* things that look or taste like meat; I just happen to enjoy those products. If they didn't exist, I'd just eat something else.

I just looked at the menu for the new quick service at Caribbean Beach resort (Centertown Market) since we'll be staying there in March for the first time in a couple years. Oh my word! What looks to be a vegan salad, vegan seitan "cheese steak" complete with vegan mayo, plant-based tacos, some kind of veggie burger with bbq jackfruit on it, other stuff. Wow!! :flower1:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/caribbean-beach-resort/centertown-market/menus/

I just looked at the menu for the new quick service at Caribbean Beach resort (Centertown Market) since we'll be staying there in March for the first time in a couple years. Oh my word! What looks to be a vegan salad, vegan seitan "cheese steak" complete with vegan mayo, plant-based tacos, some kind of veggie burger with bbq jackfruit on it, other stuff. Wow!! :flower1:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/caribbean-beach-resort/centertown-market/menus/

This is so exciting! I'm not even vegan and I'm excited!

I'm sure this has been asked... but I can't seem to find it. Just booked a BOG breakfast.

Can we ask for the breakfast sandwich with no meat? Same with the egg white omelet?

I think the answer yes? But not if we order ahead?

If we can't modify the dishes I think we need to cancel the reservation.

V

I'm within my 30 day ordering window, so I just checked for you. Most of the things on the menu can't be modified when you order ahead, but the breakfast sandwich looks like the one entree that can be changed. There are check boxes for the brie and bacon, so you can have the meat left off. That may make my decision for me--it'll either be the vegetarian quiche or the sandwich minus bacon!

From photos I've seen of the egg whites, the meat seems like it's next to the eggs rather than scrambled in with the egg and tomato. I'm sure you could confirm that with someone on the phone at Disney. If so, another possibility might be to ask them to put the sausage on a separate plate when you check in. (The way I understand it, when you order online you still touch base with someone at the restaurant before they put in your order. Some people have reported making small changes then, like adding a drink.)

I'm behind the times on this; do they have almond or cashew milk in the Disney resorts now? It used to be just soy. How about the Starbucks in the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!