Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I'm within my 30 day ordering window, so I just checked for you. Most of the things on the menu can't be modified when you order ahead, but the breakfast sandwich looks like the one entree that can be changed. There are check boxes for the brie and bacon, so you can have the meat left off. That may make my decision for me--it'll either be the vegetarian quiche or the sandwich minus bacon!

From photos I've seen of the egg whites, the meat seems like it's next to the eggs rather than scrambled in with the egg and tomato. I'm sure you could confirm that with someone on the phone at Disney. If so, another possibility might be to ask them to put the sausage on a separate plate when you check in. (The way I understand it, when you order online you still touch base with someone at the restaurant before they put in your order. Some people have reported making small changes then, like adding a drink.)

Helpful! Thanks. I think we will be fine here. It’s a great use of a CS. I have 3 boys and they eat SO much :)

I am SO glad to have found this thread. We’re going to Disney in March with my two year old son who has a severe egg allergy (already been epi-penned twice) and this thread has helped to quell some of my anxiety. Sounds like they have a lot of excellent vegan options, even for breakfast! :banana: Will definitely be reading through the previous one millions pages for reviews/options, but in the meantime, if anyone wants to recommend egg-free kid-friendly breakfasts in the parks, I’m all ears! Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if California Grill and Flying Fish still have their "secret" vegetarian menus?

I can confirm that California Grill still had the "Vegetarian Unplugged" menu when I went a month ago. So good! :love:

Yay! I'm trying to decide between the two for a meal on our last night. I think CG is winning, the unplugged menu looks amazing!

Very impressed by Tusker House in AK. My wife is a lifelong vegetarian and when we mentioned this at Tusker House the CM on the check-in produced a complete list of the vegetarian/vegan and allergy options available there. Other places where she enjoyed a great selection of vegetarian options were the Boma and Cape May buffets and also good responses from CMs and Chefs at Garden Grill and California Grill.

Very impressed by Tusker House in AK. My wife is a lifelong vegetarian and when we mentioned this at Tusker House the CM on the check-in produced a complete list of the vegetarian/vegan and allergy options available there. Other places where she enjoyed a great selection of vegetarian options were the Boma and Cape May buffets and also good responses from CMs and Chefs at Garden Grill and California Grill.

Great to hear about TH, have been wanting to try that for a while and snagged a reservation for this next trip! We've had mixed experiences at Boma; loved, loved, LOVED it on our first trip--TONS of options and huge variety. But our last trip there was disappointing. It seemed they'd nixed a portion of the buffet that had offered many veggie options to put up a run-of-the-mill pasta bar that included mac n' cheese and chicken nuggets.

Very impressed by Tusker House in AK. My wife is a lifelong vegetarian and when we mentioned this at Tusker House the CM on the check-in produced a complete list of the vegetarian/vegan and allergy options available there

Great to know, thanks! We have a reservation at TH next month, so I'll make sure to ask for that list.

Just FYI, Vegan Disney World shared a post on FB that said you can now get the strawberry sauce made vegan with the vegan tonga toast at Kona Cafe for brekkie.

Thank you!!! We've been wanting to try this one for some time now but didn't want to book it based off of the menu!

Is there somewhere I can read the "vegetarian unplugged" menu, or is it one of those things that isn't written down anywhere?

anyone ever try Mickey's backyard BBQ? DH is thinking about trying it before it closes since we never have been. I'm just trying to figure out if they would have anything other than mac and cheese for vegetarians

Just trying to get the word out: just ate at Be Our Guest where apparently French onion soup is no longer vegetarian :-(. According to our server it is now made with beef broth! He said it was new - about a month ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!