Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, so I don't know if I even get a vote here...but I will say that I am dairy free, and because of that, vegan options are often best for me.

Hi folks! There seem to be a lot of really good suggestions for veg places in the parks, but what is everyone’s favorite place to eat veg at Disney Springs? We will have 2 meals there this February, a lunch and dinner. The dinner is already Frontera (so good!!!) but I’m struggling with lunch...

Another option would be a resort restaurant for lunch that day, but that would be less ideal timing wise.

Hi folks! There seem to be a lot of really good suggestions for veg places in the parks, but what is everyone’s favorite place to eat veg at Disney Springs? We will have 2 meals there this February, a lunch and dinner. The dinner is already Frontera (so good!!!) but I’m struggling with lunch...

Another option would be a resort restaurant for lunch that day, but that would be less ideal timing wise.
I hear House of Blues has a wonderful double "cheese" burger. Vegan Disney World has a great review on it if you google it. We're planning to try it in April!

I hear House of Blues has a wonderful double "cheese" burger. Vegan Disney World has a great review on it if you google it. We're planning to try it in April!
That’s a good option if we are in the mood for a burger... but I hesitate to commit to a specific meal item ahead of time. I prefer places with at least 2 options. I suppose we could just wait and see if we are in a burger mood that day.

That’s a good option if we are in the mood for a burger... but I hesitate to commit to a specific meal item ahead of time. I prefer places with at least 2 options. I suppose we could just wait and see if we are in a burger mood that day.
Boathouse can make a really good pasta dish, Maria and Enzos too. If you are taking the skyliner around go to sebastians at Caribbean beach for a wonderful curry dish.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the French poutine at the Daily Poutine is vegetarian? I’ve heard mixed reports.

I’ve noticed that while Disney has been kind to add at least one vegan dish at each restaurant as of 2019’s festival of the holidays they have stopped marking vegetarian options on festival menus.... I tweeted Disney and they give the blanket response to ask the chef but who wants to wait 10+ minutes at every booth just to ask if there is anything you can eat

I’ve noticed that while Disney has been kind to add at least one vegan dish at each restaurant as of 2019’s festival of the holidays they have stopped marking vegetarian options on festival menus.... I tweeted Disney and they give the blanket response to ask the chef but who wants to wait 10+ minutes at every booth just to ask if there is anything you can eat

It’s not only the booths, it’s the restaurants too.
I wish you luck if you are on the hunt for vegetarian (not vegan) food that isn’t intended to taste like meat. It doesn’t exist.

I really didn’t think Disney could have worse options for us but this whole “plant based” menu has made it worse. We eat breakfast on property and go off property or to Disney springs for dinner.

It’s not only the booths, it’s the restaurants too.
I wish you luck if you are on the hunt for vegetarian (not vegan) food that isn’t intended to taste like meat. It doesn’t exist.

I really didn’t think Disney could have worse options for us but this whole “plant based” menu has made it worse. We eat breakfast on property and go off property or to Disney springs for dinner.
It’s like Disney doesn’t understand that there are people who don’t eat meat but DO eat cheese and egg.

Also, does anyone have quick-service suggestions for vegetarians at HS? (any that don’t contain Bell Peppers?)

It’s like Disney doesn’t understand that there are people who don’t eat meat but DO eat cheese and egg.

Also, does anyone have quick-service suggestions for vegetarians at HS? (any that don’t contain Bell Peppers?)
I did a fried green tomato sandwich at the qs down by TOT that was decent. I’m not a fan of bell peppers either but I don’t remember if I had to pick them off or not.

I did a fried green tomato sandwich at the qs down by TOT that was decent. I’m not a fan of bell peppers either but I don’t remember if I had to pick them off or not.

The fried green tomato sandwich was decent. Not incredible, but definitely a unique veggie offering!

Other than that, Woody’s Lunch Box has a grilled cheese, or you could try asking for Totchos without the chili. I’m also a big fan of SciFi Dine-In (TS, not QS, but only ~$15/entree which isn’t much for Disney) and their falafel sandwich.

ABC Commissary has a veggie burger. I can't remember but there is something weird about it. Like, to make it vegan they added vegannaise instead of mayonnaise and made the bun gluten free. I was able to get just the patty as a regular cheeseburger with no condiments but it took some 'splainin'. IIRC it was more of a traditional veggie burger patty, not the Beyond Impossible Pretend Almost MeatLovers kind of thing. I had that fried green tomato sandwich at Rosie's and it was super soggy. Blech.

I’m so glad to know I’m not alone in my thoughts on this. Been looking at some menus to make sure I have ideas in each park and disheartened by the rash of Impossible Burgers/sausages everywhere. I’d love to see even a marinated portobello mushroom over that. It looks like for the most part I’ll be enjoying Mickey Pretzels and Iced Lattes in the parks then dining off property (in a VRBO so will eat breakfast there) or at Disney Springs which at least has a few options (I could eat pizza every day). I am looking forward to trying Satuli Canteen at AK.

The fried green tomato sandwich was decent. Not incredible, but definitely a unique veggie offering!

Other than that, Woody’s Lunch Box has a grilled cheese, or you could try asking for Totchos without the chili. I’m also a big fan of SciFi Dine-In (TS, not QS, but only ~$15/entree which isn’t much for Disney) and their falafel sandwich.
Woody's Lunchbox has vegan chili!

I’m so glad to know I’m not alone in my thoughts on this. Been looking at some menus to make sure I have ideas in each park and disheartened by the rash of Impossible Burgers/sausages everywhere. I’d love to see even a marinated portobello mushroom over that. It looks like for the most part I’ll be enjoying Mickey Pretzels and Iced Lattes in the parks then dining off property (in a VRBO so will eat breakfast there) or at Disney Springs which at least has a few options (I could eat pizza every day). I am looking forward to trying Satuli Canteen at AK.
You are not alone. Disney has excluded an entire group of people when they added the new plant based items. I think it’s great that they have quite a few options for vegans who are willing to eat “meaty” food but I sure wish they would have had a pt least 1 non meaty vegetarian option at each restaurant/booth too.
If you are staying off property, I highly recommend sweet tomatoes over by Disney Springs. It is a buffet that had an awesome salad bar and quiet a few vegetarian soups. It was a total life saver on our last trip in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!