Vegas shows

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
Say you have two daughters, ages 12 and 15, and you want to see maybe two shows in Vegas. Which of these would you choose and why?

LOVE
Ka
Stomp!
Blue Man Group
Or something else I'm not considering?

One daughter has requested a magic show, but I think she has the idea that's "the thing" in Vegas -- I don't think she realizes how much is available out there. Both girls are into music.

Looking at prices on the 'net -- WOW, tickets are expensive! Is there a secret spot from which to buy less expensively? If we buy the nosebleed-seats, will we be able to see anything?

THANKS!

Well, I'd choose Blue Man Group because it's a great show and I think perfect for their age group. Stomp wasn't all that good so I'd skip that for sure.

You say they like music. Do they like the Beatles? If so, then Love would be a good one to see. Actually, I'm not a Beatles fan, wasn't really even familiar with their music except for a few songs, and I loved it!

KA was awesome! I think they'd like that too. So between KA and Love it's almost a toss up.

As for tickets, well, I wish I could help you. Any desire to move to Vegas? ;) The shows will offer discounts for locals that are great. That's how we saw Mystere, Mamma Mia, and Zumanity.
And we got lucky and found a sale at Ticketmaster for the KA and Love tickets. Only $50 each and we were within the first 6 rows from the front.

Short of moving here, you can try the Tickets4Tonite or Tickets2Nite booths that are on the Strip. That's a gamble though because you never know what they'll have, so if you have your heart set on a certain show, best to get the tickets ahead of time. Although the magic shows seem to show up pretty often at those discount places.

Good luck. But you really can't go wrong with either BMG, KA or Love.

If they are into music then they will appreciate LOVE at The Mirage. The show is the round and even if you get a "nosebleed" seat the farthest you will be from the stage is the 19th row. The cheapest seats are about $100.

Try Lance Burton at the Monte Carlo for a magic show with a reasonable price. The top price is about $75. He brings kids from the audience onto the stage (DS8 got picked when we saw the show 3 years ago; he "disappeared" in a white Corvette!!) and it's a good show. Also, the Criss Angel show at Luxor will be opening in September/October . . . the opening has been delayed once already; if they are into his kind of entertainment you may want to look into that show. Top price will be $165 but the lowest price will be $65.

Stomp and Blue Man Group are also good choices. The Stomp showroom is on the small side; when my family saw it back in February I purchased the tickets on a Wednesday for a Sunday night and we were in the 5th row!! Very high energy and very entertaining. We saw BMG when they were still at Luxor; they are at Venetian now but I understand the show isn't very different. It's quite funny and we all liked it a lot.

Ka is the only Cirque show that has a plot or storyline behind it. The stage is HUGE, the showroom is HUGE. It's pretty entertaining but it's the hardest sell of all the Cirque shows.

Good Luck!!

Just got back from Vegas..my 3rd time in a year :D

All the shows you mentioned are good.

Check out the on the strip ticket counters for deals, but for many shows you are only looking at a 20-30%. Shows will often put out deals 1-2 months before. Here is where I got most of my show deals...

http://shows.travelzoo.com/las-vegas-shows/

Also check out the books in cabs and such in vegas, some smaller shows will often have coupons in them.

All the Cirque shows are good, Zumanity is 18+ though. I enjoyed KA, O, Love and Le Reve.

I'd say Lance Burton for a magic show would be your best bet.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I took my 12 year old in Jan to Vegas and we had a great time. Where are you staying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter