Vegas to Disneyland

spring51

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken the road trip to Aneheim from Vegas? How long and
are there any sites to see along the way. Never been to either. :moped:

could be 4 to 6 hours depending on how fast you drive and traffic......a lucky day a fast drive could do it in 3 but don't count on it. It is mostly desert...boring...you can see the worlds biggest thermometer :Pinkbounc ! stay away from baker it always smells like sewer for some reason . Barstow is in the middle of the trip and has a cute train mc donalds. Barstoe has a terrible outlet mall.........most stores have closed ....there is a nice mall in Primm Nv right on the border ot CA and a rollercoaster and log ride.

We live in Vegas, and usually make it in 3.5 hours to Disneyland doing 75 most of the way (that is the speed limit!) We also do not stop along the way, the one time we did stop at the Barstow Train, it took us 4 hours. Still not bad!

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT if you can absolutely help it, travel on a SUnday or Friday. You are just asking for a 6-7 hour drive of what should be 3-4. Also do not plan on getting back into Anaheim during a rush hour. We either leave around 7 am, and that gets us there about 10:45. Or we do not leave until after 4 pm, so we are getting there after all rush hours. I would rather wait two more hours at home than spend it in stopped traffic.

A friend of mine left at 1pm once, which would get you into the main freeways about 5pm, and we left Vegas at 3pm. We got there about 10 minutes after her! Crazy, but that's how it works.

Sorry to go on and on, as the PP said, there is not much to see along the way, it is one of the more boring drives. Thank goodness it's quick though. It's a family joke about the world's tallest thermometer!! Have a great trip!

Andrea

We drive from UT down through Vegas (we have family there) to CA when we go to DL (3x a year). IA that Fri/Sundays are AWFUL but am wondering if we left at say 5am - 6am from Vegas on Sunday whether or not we'd hit the same traffic?!?

Anyway, I15 is under construction (has been forever) which only makes the trip longer b/c much of the road is narrowed down to one lane :( Can't WAIT for that to be fixed!

I take the Valen Vegas fun bus and with a 30 mins stop at barstow
station it's around 4 and a half hours.

MATTERHORN said:
We live in Vegas, and usually make it in 3.5 hours to Disneyland doing 75 most of the way (that is the speed limit!) We also do not stop along the way, the one time we did stop at the Barstow Train, it took us 4 hours. Still not bad!

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT if you can absolutely help it, travel on a SUnday or Friday. You are just asking for a 6-7 hour drive of what should be 3-4. Also do not plan on getting back into Anaheim during a rush hour. We either leave around 7 am, and that gets us there about 10:45. Or we do not leave until after 4 pm, so we are getting there after all rush hours. I would rather wait two more hours at home than spend it in stopped traffic.

A friend of mine left at 1pm once, which would get you into the main freeways about 5pm, and we left Vegas at 3pm. We got there about 10 minutes after her! Crazy, but that's how it works.

Sorry to go on and on, as the PP said, there is not much to see along the way, it is one of the more boring drives. Thank goodness it's quick though. It's a family joke about the world's tallest thermometer!! Have a great trip!

Andrea
I totally agree. I was was born and grew up in Vegas and my family still lives there. They know all too well about the Friday/Sunday dilemna and will never travel to LA at those times.

My brother had a friend visiting him from LA. Due to traffic, and leaving at a really really stupid time (Friday afternoon at 2 pm--he should have known better) it took him till after 11 oclock that night to arrive in Vegas. The bad part was, he saw that it was crowded, but could not turn around...was impossible. He was stuck for HOURS in the traffic.

My mom left at 4 am in the morning on Sunday to go to Anaheim from Las Vegas, and said the traffic was fine. We traveled down on a Saturday morning before, and it was fine too. Those 2 lanes get pretty congested at times, but we still made it in 4 hours. I agree that it can take 3 and a half if you go the speed limit and have no traffic.

I second what everyone else said about drive time, but would suggest stopping in Baker to eat. We always stop at this place called The Mad Greek, it's a cute and good little restaurant that has surprisingly good greek food as well as more normal things like hamburgers and sandwiches. There are also a few other restaurants off the exit that I've heard are fun too. There is a Denny's as well if you want something more familiar.

I live in Vegas. My trip begins on May 30th and I plan on it taking around 4 - 4.5 hours give and take traffic.

mesbijoux said:
We drive from UT down through Vegas (we have family there) to CA when we go to DL (3x a year). IA that Fri/Sundays are AWFUL but am wondering if we left at say 5am - 6am from Vegas on Sunday whether or not we'd hit the same traffic?!?

Anyway, I15 is under construction (has been forever) which only makes the trip longer b/c much of the road is narrowed down to one lane :( Can't WAIT for that to be fixed!

Well if you leave that early you will be ahead of all the people that are checking out of the hotels between 10-noon so you should be safe. One time we left at 6am on a Sunday and it was smooth sailing, especially since there isn't a big LA rush hour on Sunday!

Andrea

Ok, just so I have this straight, given the choice between a Friday early eve drive from DL to Vegas or an early Sat. morning drive, the latter wins hands down??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter